Reopened & Freshly Cut Wounds

Yvette Brown aka Aunt Mae on the side.

Vivian's P.O.V

Ten minutes later my aunt comes in her Honda. I am immediately hugged once she gets out the car. I'm welcomed with the smell of Victoria Secrets vanilla perfume, my aunt's favorite fragrance. Her bouncy curls shook as she released me.

"I've missed you so much." She exclaims. After my death squeeze as I like to call it. She high-fives Lillie, fist pumped Danie and shook Jesse's hand. To be honest she's always been really formal with Jessica.

"It's been forever since I have seen ya'll how are you guys doing?"

"Good." We all state.

"You?" I ask looking for a bit of sadness in her, after my dad's death it hit her hard. Even though he was married into her family, he was like a brother to her.

"These days I just don't know." She sighs before finishing her sentence.

"We'll it's hotter than a jalapeño pepper out here, ready to go?"

******

On the car ride there I get a load full of talking some from Aunt Mae and Danie about the issues with taxes rising, and Jesse talking an earful about shopping in Colorado. When we finally reach my aunt's house its 4:30 pm, we put our luggage in the house, and I'm bombarded by Nature, Aunt Mae's dog. She starts licking my face with excitement.

"Hey Nature Valley!" I half laugh half squeak. My aunt had gotten her at pet adoption clinic, and when she brought her home, she immediately found Aunt Mae's stash of Nature Valley bars. They were gone in a matter of minutes. How she got the paper off no one knows, so my aunt named her Nature Valley.

I look around the house after I get up to see where the others are. I discover Danie in the kitchen with Aunt Mae. So I went up the stairs to find my suitcase already in the room I'm sharing with Danie, and a little someone going through my stuff. "Lucy Andrea Johnson, what do you think you're doing?" I ask my ten year old cousin.

"Sightseeing." She says in a nonchalant voice. I grab her by the waist and hoist her in the air. "Alright, alright." She chuckled.

 "That's what I thought." I say breathlessly.

"Now pick this stuff up Lilo." I say

"Okay." She replies not really listening to me and continues to go through my stuff.

 "Where's Harvey?" I ask.

"In her room. She's having attitude duty today." Lucy replies while picking up my favorite blue shirt. Attitude duty was Lilo's word for girl problems.

"I'll talk to you later." I say, as I walk out of the room. I walk down the hall to where Harvy's room is. 

I knock lightly and hear a sobbing voice reply, "Come in."

I walk in to see my 17 year old cousin sprawled on her bed face down, and tissues covering half of the bed. "Harvy what's up?" I ask astonished by the mess made by the neat freak. I sit beside the mess that's close to her face afraid to touch it, and move her hair.

"Harvy?" She opens her eyes which are puffy and red.

 "Oh, hey Viv." Her voice comes out cracked

 "Don't you, hey Viv me. What's wrong?'' I ask more sternly.

 "Besides the fact that the guy I was in love with dumped me, nothing much." She says sitting up.

"Oh Harvy." I say feeling that that was the only thing that could be said.

"What happened?" I ask.

 "He texted me to call him." She says. 

"I called him, and he says...This isn't working. Harvy, I'm just not into you anymore." She mutters clearing her voice shortly after.

"And after this I think we can still be friends, after you've healed." She says imitating his voice.

"Like I never meant anything to him. She says in her regular voice. "I could've sworn I heard a girl giggle in the background." 

She goes on. "And I'm happy we got to know each other but I think our relationship was a mistake." She finishes.

"I told him a piece of my mind and hung up the phone. I just stayed in my room after that." She sighs.

"Harvy did you really give him a piece of your mind?" I ask.

"No." her muffled voice says from under her covers. "I said..." She sighs again.

"I didn't say anything okay, I just hung up afraid I would break down over the phone."

"I just honestly don't know what happened, what went wrong between me and Logan." She breaths. At that exact moment a bottle flies through the window landing on the other side of the room. I walk across the room to the window to see three boys running away their backs turned to me. I reach down to grab the bottle which has a note in it.

Then the screams come.
___

slightly edited.

Something Gotta Give (BWWM 1/2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें