Chapter One

"No mum I can't come this weekend I have work, some other time maybe, yes I promise. Yes I am eating, I can cook you know. Look I gotta go, okay, bye love you" I cut the call as I walked to my car.

I got into my black Audi A4 and shut the door, "Here you are your majesty" I said handing a cup of coffee over to my roommate who sat next to me. "Thank you servant, let me taste the meed and decide weather I deem it worthy" he replied taking it. I laughed at him as I pulled away from the curb.

I met Jason when I moved into the apartment building. He was staying alone and I was looking for a roommate, we became friends then thought it was a great idea for him to move in. It saved me a lot of money splitting the rent and other bills. And no he's not gay, I regret that everytime he brings a different girl home, but he's a guy.

"Thanks for the ride, my car should be done by tomorrow" he said as I pulled into his workplace. Jason was a male nurse at the City hospital, that explains how he gets all the ladies. "No problem, I'll pick you up later, have a nice day" I said. He shut the door and waved, I pulled away and drove to work.

Parked my car in the parking lot and walked into the building, "Morning Alex" the receptionist greeted, "hey Kelly" I greeted back and got into the elevator. I went up to my floor and straight to my office shutting the door.

Getting out all my things I got my day started. I worked through some paper work, finalised a few things for upcoming events and met a few clients. I spent my lunch break in my office working while I ate. At 5pm I knocked off and went to pick Jason up. "Hey I hope you don't mind if Beth hangs out" Jason said getting into the car.

"Of course not, hey Beth" I said looking at the blonde haired green eyed girl through the mirror, "hey Alex how've you been?" She asked once she settled into the back seat. "Good how was your day?" Beth worked in the same ward as Jason so naturally they became friends, but I knew that she had a major crush on him. Jason being the dumb guy that he is never notices.

"Please let's talk about something else. I choose to forget everything as soon as I walked out the door" Jason said turning the radio up, I smiled shaking my head at him. When we got to the apartment the first thing I did was take a shower and get into my pj's.

"What are you wearing?" Beth asked as I walked into the kitchen to grab a slice of pizza. "My pj's?" I asked more then stated, "Come on Alex come out with us tonight, you're always busy working or sitting in your room being a hermit. Come out with us please" Beth begged.

I smiled at her discreption of my day, "Okay fine but I'm driving and I am not drinking because I have an early day at work tomorrow" I said. "Yay!" Beth clapped her hands excitedly. I went back into my room and started getting ready.

I didn't need to dress up too fancy because I wasn't much interested in going out. So thought a pair of black jeans, a black lace bodysuit and black heels would do. I straightened my hair and applied some makeup, "I'm ready let's go" I said walking out into the living room.

"Wow!" Beth said looking at me with wide eyes, "you clean up nice" she said. "Thanks, not to bad yourself" I laughed as I pulled out a bottle of water from the fridge. I turned to look at Jason who hadn't said anything yet, but I burst into a fit of laughter once I saw his face. His eyes were wide, his mouth hung open and he was frozen in place.

"Come on let's go, I want to be in my bed before 12" I said waving as hand in his face, he blinked a few times them came to. We left the house and went to their favourite hangout spot on a Friday night, and since it was the start of the weekend the place was filled with people.

We walked into the noisey club and went straight for the bar, I settled for a bottle of water while Jason and Beth got shots and other drinks. We settled into one of the booths and watched everyone for a minute. "Why aren't we dancing?" Beth asked, we was already tipsy and had consumed about four shots already.

She stood up and pulled on Jason's arm excitedly, "you go ahead I'll be there in a minute" he said to her, I saw her deflate a little and my heart broke. But I guess the alcohol was getting to her, she shrugged then skipped to the dance floor. Jason looked at me his eyes soft, "Let's go dance" he said gesturing with his head towards the dance floor.

"You wanna dance?" He asked holding his hand out to me.

"Earth to Alex" Jason said waving a hand in my face, "huh?" I asked looking up at him. "You zoned out, you okay?" Concern in his voice. "Yeah I'm fine" I said, "I asked you to dance" he repeated. I looked at him then at the sea of people on the dance floor, images of two people dancing the night away, laughing and having fun flashed through my mind. Tear welled up in my eyes but I didn't let them spill.

"I don't dance."