Chapter 17

The months had flown by and it was now the end of summer of 1981; the resort thriving! Over 3,500 refugees had been saved so far and relocated to safety in Jerusalem.

Over the last year, there was always a huge party of celebration after each mission which consisted of a large fire and Sammy playing the guitar, singing as everyone danced around, including the tourists.

But you were starting to get antsy. You had yet to be a part of an actual mission, even though Rachel now went with the men to help out.

Jake, Sammy, Max and Rachel were loading up the trucks as you stood from the doorway of the lobby, watching helplessly. You felt a light smack on your ass as Ari walked back, turning back to give you a wink.

"Can I come tonight?" you asked, catching up to Ari. He halted his steps, moving around to face you.

"Absolutely not," he declared with narrow eyes. "It's too dangerous and you know that."

Looking over his shoulder, you saw Rachel jump down from the truck. "But Rachel gets to go. Why can't I?" Your own eyes narrowed back at him, hands on your hips as you felt anger boiling in you.

He let out a deep sigh and you could see that he was battling with himself to say something; something you knew he wanted to say but he was holding back. "Look, it's just too dangerous for you. Rachel can handle herself out there."

Your mouth opened, eyes growing wide as you scoffed at him. "What, and I can't? Do you not remember that I survived the Hadandawa?"

"You survived by hiding in the brush Y/N!" he growled through clenched teeth.

You couldn't believe him! They never had an issue having to deal with physical fighting on these missions. He was treating you like a child. There had to be more of a reason for him not to want you to come out with them, but right now, you didn't care as you were furious. All you wanted to do was be a part of the mission for once. "Fuck you Ari," you spat, turning around and storming back into the hotel.

~~~

His jaw clenched as he watched you storm into the resort. He almost told you the reason why he didn't want you out there on the mission; because he was in love with you and didn't want to see you get hurt. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if you joined them one night and something were to happen to you. But his blood began to boil when you told him off; he was just trying to keep you safe. With clenched fists, he paraded into the resort to find you sitting behind the front desk.

"What is your problem huh?" he demanded, slamming his hands on the table.

"My problem? MY PROBLEM Ari? Why was I brought on this damn mission if I'm not going to be a part of anything huh?"

He rolled his eyes at you. "You ARE a part of this mission Y/N!"

"Oh yeah. I just sit here while you five go off and save everyone!"

"You are a part of this team Y/N even if you aren't out there with us. You celebrate with us every time. You are an important part of this mission, trust me! I just need you to stay here and be safe."

"Whatever Ari," you growled as you walked away from him.

Ari slammed his fists on the desk again before heading out to the rest of his team.

"What was that?" Jake asked as he hopped in the passenger seat of the truck; Ari getting in the driver's seat.

Ari let out a huff as he put the key in the ignition. "She wanted to come with tonight."