Chapter 13

The truck stopped in front of the resort; Sammy, Jake and Rachel standing there with wide eyes, waiting to see what was going on.

Max hopped out of the driver's seat and opened the door for Ari, taking you in his arms as Ari dropped down from the tall truck. He handed you back over to him and he looked up at his crew standing there. "Sammy, I need you," Ari said with concern as he hastily walked back to the small building he shared with you.

He placed you down on his bed and gripped your hand. After getting in the truck, you had passed out and Ari still didn't know if you were injured from all the blood covering you.

Sammy began to look over your limp body, unbuttoning your long sleeved shirt to see if he could find any injuries on you.

Jake and Rachel rushed in through the door, eyes glossy as they took in your state. "How the hell did she make it out alive?" Jake asked.

"I have no fucking idea. We saw the Hadandawa were already there when rounded a corner and we had to wait until they left. When we got there....," Ari's words stopped as he dug his hands through his hair, "so many dead bodies on the ground. I thought we lost her for sure but then we heard these cries and sure enough, she was there, crying over her friend Amina." He blew out a breath and began to pace around the small space.

Sammy began to take off your shirt, wanting to inspect you further for any damaging injuries, pausing when he saw the Star of David tattoo on your wrist. "Ari," he called his friend over. He held up your arm, showing him the tattoo. "Did you know she had this?"

"No, I had no idea."

"Well, at least we know she's good at keeping things a secret. We've been here for months and none of us knew she even had this. That's good though, nobody else can find out she has this tattoo."

Everyone nodded in agreement. "What's the verdict? I mean she's covered in blood and she passed out in the truck. She's not waking up," Ari asked, looking over your motionless body.

Sammy sighed, standing up. "She's in shock Ari. She just went through a very traumatic experience. I don't see any injuries on her, so the blood isn't hers. My guess is someone was shot in close range to her."

Ari's eyes closed, his head down casted. He couldn't imagine what you had just gone through and he held himself accountable for it all. He should have kept a better eye on you; told the team about the Hadandawa the night before when he found out they were raiding local villages.

"Rachel, will you help me get her cleaned up?" Ari asked, lifting his head to face her.

"Yeah, of course."

Jake, Max and Sammy left the room as Ari and Rachel stripped you of your clothing, leaving you in your bra and panties. They grabbed a bucket, putting warm water in it and a few cloths to clean you of the blood as you lay motionless on the bed.

Once you were cleaned, Rachel left the room and Ari got into bed with you. He pulled the covers over your body before wrapping his arm around you. "I'm so sorry this happened to you," he whispered into your ear.

~~~

Your eyes opened with a start, your body jolting upright as you took in your surroundings; heart hammering in your chest.

"Hey, you're alright. You're safe," Ari cooed from your side. Your eyes were wide as your head turned to face Ari. Everything came flooding into your mind at once and you ripped the blanket off your body, trying to find your clothes. "What are you doing?" Ari asked as he too got out of bed, worry flooding his veins.

"I have to go to her. I have to help her!" your voice cracked as you spoke, your eyes spotting your clothes lying on the floor. Nearly tripping over your tired limbs, you bent down to grab them; a firm hand on your arm.

"Y/N, you can't go back there."

You ripped your arm from his grasp, quickly putting your pants on. "Yes I can and I will Ari. She needs my help!"

"Stop," he said, placing his hand on your arm yet again, but you kept on dressing, not bothering to listen to him. "Y/N STOP!"

Tears burned at your tired eyes, your body turning to face him. "Wh-why can't you see that I need to help her?" you cried.

Ari's large calloused hands cupped your face, his thumbs wiping at your never ending tears. His blue eyes were woeful as he took in your grief stricken face. "Sweetheart, she's gone. There's nothing you can do for her right now. I won't let you end up having the same fate as her." His voice was gently, caring as he spoke.

Your mind began to swam, their terrified screams and cries was all that you could hear. Placing your hands over your ears, you slumped to the floor before Ari could catch you and you began to rock yourself back and forth.

"Oh god-oh god NO! She-Amina-she sacrificed herself. For me. For ME Ari! Why would she do that? I'm nobody! I didn't want her to die for me!" you choked out.

Ari could hear the heartbreak in your voice as he bent down to pick you up bridal style. You were so overwhelmed with emotions, anger, guilt, grief and sadness that you didn't even realize he was taking off your pants.

Your body shook with each sob and cry you mustered up as you lay on your side. Ari slid up behind you, wrapping his arm around your middle and pulling you close to him. "You're not a nobody Y/N. You are a beautiful brave and strong woman. You are the bravest woman I know."

"Bu-but everyone I get close to leaves me. They die Ari! I have nobody anymore!"

His fingers gently tucked your hair behind your ear. You felt his breath at your ear, making your body shiver. "You have the crew. And you have me baby," he spoke softly in your ear. "Fuck. I thought I lost you today baby. I was so scared for you. I don't ever want to feel like that again."

Your sobs quieted down at his words, but your heart still ached for your slain friend. With all the energy you had left, you turned in his arms to face him. Ari looked back at you with a soft expression, pain behind his eyes. With a sniffle, you raised your hand, tracing your fingers over his bottom lip, his mouth kissing your fingertips.

In a moment of grief stricken pain, there was only one thing you need right now, one thing you desired for; him.

Leaning forward, you placed your lips on his; his hold on you tightening. Your mouth molded easily to his as you wrapped your hand around his neck, pulling his head close to you. Taking his lower lip between your teeth, you nibbled lightly, earning a growl from him; the sound resonated throughout your body and ending at your core.

Your eyes locked with his, your chest heaving. "Ari, I need you."

"What do you want baby?" he rasped between kisses.

"I want you to touch me. I want you to make love to me."