TMFTY- Chapter 1- That's Miss Fatty To You!

CHAPTER 1:

That's Miss. Fatty to You

I walked to my closet and looked at my clothes. I had to say, I had good style! I picked out my ripped, boyfriend cut jeans that looked washed and worn and my purple thick strap tank top. I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. So, what if I was a bit...larger, guys like some curves on their girls. I picked out my brown booties and slipped them on over a pair of mismatched socks. I looked out my window to see a sunny California day ahead of me. The blistering sun shone through the open blinds of my small but sensible apartment. I couldn't afford much on my salary, so I settled with a five hundred square foot studio apartment and only afforded the necessities. Across from my unmade bed was an old, thrift store bed, floral rug, and glass coffee table I had found at the dumpster. My kitchen only held a beaten down fridge that came with the lease, a few cupboards that held hardly any food since I mostly ate out, and a trash can that needed to be emptied desperately. The apartment didn't come with a dishwasher, so my sink was filled to the brim with dirty dishes, and since I didn't have a washing machine either, my floor was covered in dirty clothes since I had no energy to make it to the laundry matte down the street.

I grabbed my purple Paris hat and slipped it over my long, brown curls that twisted over my shoulders to my waist. I also slipped on some bangles and put in my silver studded earrings in. I looked good today. I applied some thin eyeliner and mascara and dabbed some blush on my cheeks and called it a day. I grabbed my purse and keys and headed out of my apartment. After locking the door, I decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator. It wouldn't hurt to lose a few pounds. I had contemplated starting to work out at the gym, but I had no motivation to stay with it. Every time I stepped foot into a gym, I became nauseous and anxious with dread of looking like a fool. When I tried to work out at home it occurred to me that I wasn't very good at it. Not only would I become distracted, but I also felt stupid by how little I could do. It's not that I don't love my body, but I want to lose a little of these curves. However, every time I do think of losing some weight, I start thinking of pizza. My body gets weak at the thought of my favorite meal. Nothing can stop me from picking up the phone and ordering a large, extra cheese pizza with stuffed crust. I want to think of the dress I bought in a size twelve two years ago. I promised myself that I would fit into the dress years ago but never managed to do it. The dress is a size twelve and I told myself I could easily get from size eighteen to a size twelve, but it proved harder than it looked. I needed to get rid of some of my body weight anyways, my weight is beginning to weight me down. I have way too much bump in my trunk. But I don't want to lose too much of my body. I just wanted to fit into that dress. I keep telling myself that guys like some bump in the trunk.

I slide into my Ford Escape and shut the door. I turned the key in the ignition and the radio turned on. Instantly music went throughout the car.

'I'm all about that bass, bout that bass. No treble

I'm all about that bass, bout that bass. Hey.

I'm bringing booty back! Go ahead and tell those skinny bitches that.'

I shut the radio off. As much as that song applies to me, I hate it. I found it really annoying. The meaning behind it? Good. Everything else? Just really annoying.

I began to back up when a car sped in front of me. I slammed on my breaks and my heart began to beat wildly in my chest. The person honked their horn and me and I rolled my window down to flip them the bird. I couldn't see who was in the car, but it was an expensive car. A white Mclaren MP4 12c!

"Jack ass!" I yelled. I don't care if he was in a fancy car, he was speeding in a twenty MP zone. Who the heck goes fifty in a twenty? The person honked one last time before speeding off. I rolled my eyes and rolled my other window down and shut the A/C off. It was the perfect day to have the windows down.

I drove silently in my car just enjoying the weather. It really was a great day. The grass was green with a little dew hanging off them and the sun was shining where it wasn't to extreme. There was a light summer breeze and the birds were singing. Just a great day. I smiled at myself and began to tap my finger on the wheel.

"I got my ticket for the long way 'round. Two bottles of whiskey for the way. And I sure would like some sweet company and I'm leaving tomorrow what-do-ya-say.

When I'm gone. When I'm gone. You're gonna miss me when I'm gone. You're gonna miss me by my hair, you're gonna miss me everywhere, oh. You're gonna miss me when I'm gone."

I pulled into work humming the song on my way in.

I worked at the best bakery shop in town.

'Eat It'

Weird name, I know, but it had the best cannoli's in town, not to mention killer cupcakes. I work the counter or in the kitchen, depending on what I am scheduled for. Today I am working the counter but if it's slow I'll help in the back. I put the key into the lock and twisted it open. I changed the sign from 'closed' to 'open' and there you go, we're open! I walked up to the front counter and went to the thermostat and turned it to cooling. It was getting really hot in the store and outside where the sun was making it blistering hot out.

Someone walked in and I looked at them and smiled. My smile faltered when I saw a gorgeous man in front of me. He had a chiseled jaw and electric blue eyes. He wore, and expensive suit and tie and his jet-black hair was combed back neatly.

In one.

Simple.

word.

Wow!

He was looking down at his phone, so I fixed my hair, so they cascaded down my shoulders and I straightened my shirt. I put on my best smile and greeted him.

"Hello, welcome to Eat It. What can I help you with today?" I felt all of my nerves were on end and my hands were shaking. I took deep breaths in and out as I waited.

He looked up and his eyes pierced mine and they were not gentle. In fact, they were scary. My smile faltered a little bit as he scanned my body over and gave a cocky smirk.

"Not a shot, Fatty." He said. I felt everything stop inside me. It was like everything was crashing down inside me. What just happened? I didn't even do anything. Instead of crying like I wanted to, and he expected me to, I raised one eyebrow challenging and put my hands on my hips. I clenched my jaw and stared him down and said the one thing he didn't expect.

"That's Miss Fatty to you."