TMFTY- Chapter 13- Painful Truth

CHAPTER 13:

Painful Truth

Xavior followed me out of the restaurant hot on my heels. He kept calling my name, but I couldn't bring my legs to stop. It was like something else was in control of my body. I just kept running until my legs couldn't move and my lungs were used up. I landed on the dirt of the forest and pulled my arms to my body and cried silently until Xavior caught up to me and crouched to meet my height.

"Lil, tell me that song didn't mean anything to you." I only kept crying and tried to ignore him. I had blocked out that life long ago. I moved out and away from my family, so they couldn't find me for a reason. Because I never wanted to remember it. I should have just stepped down. I should've drawn a line in the sand with my finger and never cross it. But I didn't; I remembered everything like it happened yesterday because I wanted to please someone. Who did I even please?

"Lil, please tell me none of that ever happened to you." Xavior said with worry laced in his voice. I stopped sobbing, but I remained silent. There was a tension in the woods at that moment. No matter what happened; I knew the tension wouldn't go away for a long time.

"Lil, please explain." He said in a pleading voice that broke me. I sat up straighter and look at Xavior. My mascara was undoubtedly running down my cheeks but Xavior didn't seem to mind at the moment. I took a deep breath in and let it slowly come out before I began my story.

"I was only a teenager. I wasn't always this big, I gained it all at the end of junior year. 'Stop eating.' My family would say to me. I guess it wasn't the idle figure for such a perfect family. It was a dollhouse. I was a little doll in a little world. Dinners with the mayor, garden parties with the baroness, and cooking with a five-star chef. Sounds like luxury, right? I don't even think my parents enjoyed it very much. I could always see how plastic everything they did was. My dad started cheating on my mom when I was six. It started out unnoticed by my mother. But even me, a six-year-old at the time, could see that he wasn't faithful. My mom realized when I was eleven that my dad was cheating. Of course, there was fights. Dad saying, she didn't do enough for him. Mom says that he doesn't love her enough. Always the blame on someone else. But all arguments ended the same. 'It will never happen again.' Every time he said that, she didn't believe it. You could see it in her eyes. But she stayed with him. Not because she loved him or thought he would change. She stayed because she wanted diamond earrings and food on a silver platter. But she began to drink heavily. And we all know that drinking leads to beating." Xavior tried to stop him but I shut him up with my hand. "It lasted until I moved out days after I my senior graduation. They sent me to the best Catholic private school money could buy all the way through school. All filled with a bunch of plastic people. There was, some nice kids that didn't believe gay people should be burned or that every other type of Christianity was a false hope. But it was hard to find a friend. My parents weren't the good Catholic, they acted like they were a superior breed of human. Of course, to them they never lied or did anything wrong. And God was going to strike everyone down that wasn't just like them. It was tiring after a while. And then comes the worst part of my tragic story. My brother was a drug addict. Name a drug, he was on it. Always dressed in the nicest suits and was a lady killer all throughout high school. I lost count of how many girls he brought into his room. They all ended up with the girls leaving yelling about what a jerk he was. Something you could expect to happen with a player. After collage he made his own business. An adult picture business." I felt Xavior tense up next to me. "He liked to use me as one of the girls to pose with. At the time I was skinny, nice breasts, portioned butt. Every guys, dream girl. Lingerie to fit the whole thing."

"You were a minor, right? Isn't that illegal?"

"Who was going to tell, Xavior? Me? Who would believe me. A perfect family does illegal porn shots? When I was out of high school I left and moved here. I haven't heard from my family since." I wasn't crying. I had cried out all my tears and now I was ready to forget again.

"Lil..." Xavior said and cupped my face in his hand. But before he could say anything else, I fell asleep in his arms. And I wasn't sure if I wanted to wake up.