TMFTY- Chapter 12- Lyrics of the Soul

CHAPTER 12:

Lyrics of the Soul

Xavior and I decided to meet with a few friends for dinner. Jane accompanied Xavior and I to a very fancy place called Provino's. 'Dress formal' he said. Janey and I spent hours arguing about what I was to wear on our evening out. Janey won, of course. She had a tendency to argue. This was the first time she was going to meet some of my new friends. I hoped they all got along. I gather the fabric of my purple velvet dress. I told Janey it was too formal and reveling for our evening with our friends.

"He said dress formal. And there is nothing wrong with showing your assets a little from time-to-time. Give him a little bit of a look for the future.' Janey said with a wink. I rolled my eyes with a hiss from my pink lips.

"I don't plan on sleeping with him anytime soon."

"But you do plan to?" She said with another wink. I turned scarlet in color and I turned away from her. She wasn't wrong. Being in my twenty-somethings and still being a virgin wasn't really appealing to me or many men either. But who would want to have sex with an insecure hefty woman any ways?

"You look very beautiful." Xavior whispered in my ears as we took the steps up to the door to the twinkle light lit restaurant. I blushed furiously.

"Wow, I feel like a third wheel." Said Janey. After an amusing introduction to Xavior, she took a liking to him. She repeatedly told me, and I quote, 'You done good."

"You are." Xavior said with a snicker. Already fighting like siblings.

"Are you going to let him treat me like that?" Janey whined. I threw my head back to laugh.

"I have no control over this sexy beast." I snorted out. Xavior pulled me closer to his side. He nuzzled his nose into my neck.

"So, you think I'm sexy eh?" He said. I decided not to respond to that as we walked up to the host.

"Hello, reservations?" She asked, her eyes batting widely at Xavior. I felt the jealousy seep into my core and that urge to rip her fake eyelashes off was nearly unbearable. Janey must have noticed my anger and stepped in before Xavior could tell her the reservation name.

"It's under Owens. We are having a few friends to celebrate their three-year anniversary. We're all expecting him to propose but he says he wants to wait for the right time. I guess it isn't in front of all of his lovely friends! *Cough Cough*" Xavior gave her a 'what the hell' look before turning to a furious hostess. Her face was red from embarrassment and her eyes was twitching under all of her heavy makeup. Xavior let it all click in before her pulled me closer and smirk.

"Yeah, it's under Owens. We will have a few friends arriving in a few minutes for the celebration. Please escort them to our table." The hostess gave a firm nod before leading us to our table. On our way Xavior decided to whisper in my ear.

"Getting jealous, eh?" He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Where did you get the assumption?"

"The way she just covered for you. Let me guess, you were about to claw her eyes out?"

"Actually, it was more along the lines of rip her eyes lashes off and drown her face in that ice-cold bucket with the wine in it." Xavior looked shocked at my jealousy confession. I just smirked and sat in my chair without letting Xavior push it in. He gave me a smirk before sitting down next to me and Janey on the other side. Then, we waited. Ten minutes later our friends began to flood in. Jenny came first, looking solemn but slightly happy to see us. Next Kelsey came with stunning smile on her face and a beautiful red dress. Then, disaster came. I knew the second that Janey and Landon made eye contact they had a spark. I saw her cheeks heat up and he bit his lip nervously. (Something I never pictured he could do.) The smile that graced my best friend's face was one of admiration. Admiring Landon wasn't really a smart idea, but I let her go with it.