TMFTY- Chapter 10- Fight Club

CHAPTER 10:

Fight Club

The night was over before we even walked into Landon's house. For one, I tripped walking up the steps and landed on my hands. Xavior helped me up with a brush off laugh which didn't do much to hide my embarrassment. My cheeks were burning with the extreme embarrassment I felt but I tried to smile anyways. Second issue was when Landon opened the door he told me I had two holes in my dress from when I fell. He asked how they got there, and I was too beyond embarrassed to explain to him that I fell on his front porch. Jenny and Kelsey greeted me with big hugs and rushed me to the bathroom to aid my poor dress.

"How much do you like this dress?" Jenny asked.

"A lot."

"Well, sorry." She said and tore my dress at the bottom.

"Jenny!" I yelled and she laughed at my expense.

"Sorry, but it had to be done. Besides, it looks better a little shorter. It shows off your legs a little more."

"That why I bought a knee length dress!"

"It was that or having two boob holes at your knees." Kelsey laughed at Jenny's joke and I gave her a light glare.

"You look hot, Lillian. You will sure make Xavior hot for you tonight!" Kelsey winked at me and I blushed.

"Whatever. Let's go." I said and stepped out of the bathroom to be greeted with two amazing smiles and two annoyed frowns. Amanda and Alfred were just the life of the party! Note the sarcasm in that sentence. I heard a whistle coming from a very handsome Landon and I blushed.

"Looking even more beautiful, my oh-so-lovely Lillian." He said. He grabbed my hand and was about to give it a kiss when Xavior pushed him away.

"No, she's my Lillian." He said and put a protective arm around my waist.

"You guys are together?" Amanda and Landon said together.

"Yes, so if you touch her, I will castrate you!" He said through a clenched jaw. Landon raised his hands and took a step back. I turned to see Amanda shooting daggers at me with her arms crossed over her exposed chest.

I turned back to Xavior and whispered into his ear.

"Why does Amanda hate me so much?" I saw his face get uneasy and that made me feel even more uneasy.

"That's a story for another time." He whispered back.

"No, it's a story for now!" I whisper-yelled back. He gave a huff and his faced look like he was searching for a way to phrase the bad news.

"She's my ex. I broke up with her a year ago and she still hasn't gotten over the fact that I hate her." I felt my stomach drop at his words and I turned to see Amanda steaming in her chair. I felt like all of the oxygen was being sucked out of the room.

There's always a catch, isn't there?

"Lil, would you like a glass of wine?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed as Landon gave me an empty glass.

"Red or white?"

"Red."

"Okay, just tell me when to stop." He began to pour the red liquid into my glass. Every time he began to stop, I told him to keep going until the glass was mostly full. I was going to need a lot of wine if I was going to survive the night. Landon gave me a forced smile, like he was trying to be polite even though I knew he wanted to tell me it was too much.