thirteen

"So, we're in New York. Now what?" Damon said to Klaus as they put their bags into a car that Klaus compelled them.

        "Well, I need to get some blood. It's been a few hours since I've had someone to drink." Klaus smirked and shut the trunk. He got into the drivers seat, as Damon slid into the passengers seat.

        "We came to New York to find Eleanor. I want to get that over with as soon as possible." Damon glared at him. Klaus turned on the car, and took off down the street.

        "You know, maybe if you undaggered your family and ask them to help you, you might find something out." Damon countinued after Klaus didn't answer.

        "Damon, I don't think you quite understand what 'no' means." Klaus said.

        "Oh, I do. It's just, you always seem to do the opposite of what you are told."

        "What can I say? I enjoy playing by my rules."

        "But I don't, and apparently Eleanor doesn't either." Damon said. Klaus' hands tightened around the wheel at that comment. He was desperately trying not to kill Damon right now.

        "I will snap your neck right now if you keep talking." Klaus licked his lips.

        "Someone's on their man-period." Damon mumbled and looked out the window. Klaus let out a sigh, and came to a red light. He turned his head to the side and looked at the very nice Porsche next to him. The passenger window was open, making Klaus gasp when he saw who it was. He hit Damon's arm, causing him to look at the car also.

        "Oh my God."

        Eleanor looked over to her right, only to meet the face that she wasn't planning on looking at for a very long time. The two men just sat their, gawking at the girl. The light turned green, and she took off down the road, trying to get away from them. Klaus and Damon snapped out of their trance and sped after her, yelling at eachother in the process.

        "What the hell was that?"

        "Fucking hell!"

        "Faster, damn it!"

        "Holy shit!"

        Klaus rolled down his window as they caught up to Eleanor's car. She still had the passenger window open. She was too busy to close it, for she wanted to get to Central Park as soon as possible.

        "Eleanor! Pull the fucking car over now!" Klaus shouted.

        "Sorry! No can do!" She turned to him and smiled nervously. Butterflies filled her stomach as she looked at the familiar blue eyes.

        "Eleanor, I will get out of this car and personally stop it for you!" Damon butted in.

        "I'd like to see you try!"

        "Fuck, Klaus open the sun roof." Damon muttered. Klaus fumbled with the controls, opening the window. Damon started to climb out of the room, when a bullet hit his leg.

        "Ah! What the fuck!" He yelled and slid back into his seat. The two of them looked over at Eleanor, who had a gun in her hand.

        "Sorry!" She apologized, and sped up even more. Klaus pressed down on the gas peddle, dodging nearby cars. Damon pulled the bullet out of his leg, wincing as his fingers plunged into his skin.

        "What the hell is wrong with your girlfriend?"

        "Hey, be lucky she's not using wooden bullets." Klaus said and switched lanes once again. They were getting closer to Eleanor's car by the second.

        "Wait, there are a few guns in the glove compartment." Klaus told Damon. He quickly pulled it open, revealing many guns and bullets, along with a few maps and a pair of sunglasses.

        "You're seriously going to shoot her?" Damon took two out, handing one to Klaus.

        "Hey, she should've known to not run away in the first place. There's wooden bullets in them, but there are some metal ones somewhere in there." Damon nodded and quickly changed the wooden bullets. Eleanor's car suddenly took an unexpected turn onto another street. That threw Klaus off, causing him to try and turn his car, but failing and crashing into a wall of one of the shops. Screams errupted from people in and out of the shop. Damon and Klaus groaned in pain, but quickly unbuckled their seatbelts. They grabbed the rest of the guns and bullets, stuffing them into their pants and pockets. Despite the shouts from the people around them, they took off running in the direction Eleanor's car went.

~

        "Holy shit." Eleanor breathed as she slowed down her car to the approrpiate speed limit. She cursed when she realised that she took the wrong turn. The 'Maps' app in her phone quickly came up with another route for her to go. She silently thanked the Apple creators, for their oh-so-smart phones.

        Suddenly, she heard gunshots. Her eyes widened when she saw a sleek, black car speeding up to her. A gun was sticking out of the passenger window, shooting bullets at her car.

        "Oh, fuck me." She groaned.

~

        "Get out of the car!" Klaus compelled the man. He quickly got out, leaving the keys in the car. Damon rushed over to the other side, and got into the passengers seat. Klaus quickly got them out of the parking spot, speeding down the street.

        "You know what, I actually don't regret saying not saying no to coming with you. This is so cool." Damon chuckled.

        "You didn't really have a choice." Klaus shrugged his shoulders.

        "True. You know, I'm thinking of becoming a CIA Agent now." Damon admitted.

        "Don't get ahead of yourself. You haven't even shot the gun yet." Klaus smirked.

        "Is that a challenge?" Damon raised his eyebrows.

        "What? No-" Klaus was cut off when Damon started shooting the gun out the window.

        "Hey! Okay, okay! Stop!" Klaus hit his arm. Damon stopped shooting and put the gun on his lap.

        "You can become a CIA Agent, whatever, but don't waste the bullets." Klaus pleaded. This isn't even his car, so he has no idea if this man has guns or bullets.

        Damon quietly cheered himself on. They fell silent, not an awkward one, a friendly one.

        "Klaus, Klaus wait." Damon shook his shoulder.

        "What?" Klaus growled.

        "Look. That's her car, right?" Damon pointed the Porsche that was literally right infront of them. They could faintly see a brunette in the drivers seat.

        "Yeah, shoot. Shoot the wheels." Klaus' voice got louder. Damon stuck his arm out the window, and shot everywhere but the wheels.

        "Do you have no aim? Jesus Christ." Klaus sighed. Suddenly, there were police sirens getting closer and closer by the second. That didn't faze them, thought. They only wanted to get Eleanor.

~

        almost 1000 reads, ayyyye thank u guys so much.