twelve

"Klaus." Damon sighed when he opened his front door.

"Where is Eleanor?" Klaus narrowed his eyes, not wanting to be bothered by his cockiness.

"What do you mean?"

"She ran away, or was kidnapped. I don't know, she just disappeared." Klaus sighed and leaned on the doorway.

"And how am I supposed to know where the infamous Eleanor is?"

"Well, apparently Eleanor had a little run-in with Caroline and our past together, which pissed her off. I suspected Caroline had something to do with it, but I couldn't find her. So I went to the next best thing." Klaus explained.

"I feel so blessed."

"Not you," Klaus rolled his eyes, "Elena."

"You're not bringing Elena into this." Damon stood up straight.

"Don't worry, I didn't hurt her." He smirked, "Yet."

"I swear to God, Klaus, I will-"

"You will what? Dagger me? Go ahead. Since I can't fine Eleanor, there's nothing for me to live for." Klaus shrugged. Eleanor was his life. It's been two weeks since he's been looking for her. He knew she didn't know much about America, or the world as of today. She couldn't have gone that far from home.

"You're kidding me, right?" Damon said in disbelief. Klaus shook his head.

"I'm not gonna dagger you."

"Then you can atleast answer my question. Do you know where Eleanor is?"

"Nope, not after she tried to rip my heart out. Did you even bother asking Rebekah? Aren't they besties?" Damon smirked.

"Can't do that. Rebekah, along with the rest of my family, are daggered. Not going to bring them back for a while." Klaus said.

"Well, then seems like I have no information for you. Goodbye Klaus." Damon started to close the door, but Klaus stuck his hand out and held it open.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Like what? Do you want me to wish you luck on your search for a girl who I don't even know?" Klaus let out a fake laugh. Damon furrowed his eyebrows.

"You aren't the brightest Salvatore, I see." Klaus said.

"Just get to the point. I have a bag of blood calling my name, along with some bourbon." Damon sighed.

"Fine. Seems like you aren't that interested in knowing where you're precious Elena is." Klaus smirked, knowing he had power over Damon now.

"You know, you are annoying." Damon sighed.

"It's one of my many talents. Now, back to Miss Elena."

"You better tell me where the hell she is, or else I will personally go after Eleanor and rip off each limb of her pretty body." Damon was getting fed up with Klaus' games.

"Oh, so you'd go searching for her?"

"Klaus!"

"Fine, fine. Let's make a deal. You help me find Eleanor, and you get Elena back." Klaus said. Damon was shocked. That's all he wanted him to do?

"You're kidding me? Can't you get your trusty hybrids and have them do your dirty work?" Damon said.

"They've already searched the outskirts of town. They searched all the nearest towns, and she wasn't there." Klaus sighed. Damon pursed his lips.

"I think Eleanor is 10 times smarter than to go to some stupid little town on the outskirts of Mystic Falls." Damon said. Klaus furrowed his eyebrows, thinking of what Damon just said. He probably should've thought of that before. She had been complaining about nothing to do in Mystic Falls, and how she would much more prefer going somewhere bigger and hectic.

"You know what, Damon? I think you're right. Where to?" Klaus smirked.

"Why are you asking me that? I have no idea where she would go!" Damon exclaimed.

"Calm down. She did talk about going to a bigger city a few weeks ago." Klaus told him.

"Well, what's possibly one of the biggest cities in America?" Damon said, the answer pretty obvious.

"New York."

~

"Hi, is this Calum?" Eleanor spoke into her new iPhone. It's been a few hours since she met Calum, and in those hours, she did some shopping, and killed a few people.

"Why yes it is. I'm guessing this is Ella?" She could practically feel him smiling, which brought a smile onto her face.

"It is. So, about that date?"

"Oh, it's a date now?"

"Did you not listen to me when I was leaving? I'd very much enjoy one." Eleanor said.

"Well, then we can call touring New York a date. Listen, I can take you out to this really nice restaurant that I know after that. How does that sound?" Calum asked.

"Perfect. I'm free on Saturday." She suggested.

"I can pick you up around 12 then?" Calum said.

"Yup. I'll text you my address." Eleanor smiled.

"Great. Listen, I gotta finish up a paper for university, but I'll talk to you later." Eleanor felt bad, she probably interrupted him while he was working.

"Okay then, good luck on you're paper."

"Thanks. Goodbye Ella."

"Goodbye, Calum." Eleanor said and hung up. She let out a breath that she had no idea she was holding. She felt relieved though. She didn't feel the need to worry about what Klaus thought. She's a new person, living the New York life.

Eleanor placed her phone in her pocket and walked over to the windows. She sat down and stared down at the busy streets. She scanned everyones faces, taking in all of the different types of people that made up this city. Her eyes skimmed over a familiar looking lady who stood across the street. She didn't want to bother looking back at her, but something pulled her to do it.

Eleanor let out a gasp when she saw who it was. She instantly ran out of the hotel room and down to the main lobby. She ran out of the lobby and out to the streets. Eleanor ran across the street, making the people in cars and taxis suddenly stop and yell at her. She ran over to the lady, who stared at her.

"Mother." She breathed.

"Central Park." Is all the lady said, when she blew away with the wind, as if she was a ghost.

Eleanor stood there, confused. Central Park. All of the sudden, she darted back across the streets. She ran into the parking garage and pulled out her keys which were in her back pocket. She unlocked the car and got in, starting it up. She speeded out of the garage and into the streets. She started fumbling with her pocket, trying to get out her phone. She got it out and held down the home button.

"Siri, show me the directions to Central Park, New York."

~

merry christmas and happy new years! :*