nine

"Good morning, love." Nik greeted Eleanor when he entered the kitchen. He walked over to her and rested his chin on her shoulder, arms wrapped around her waist. A small smile made it's way onto Eleanor's face as she cooked breakfast.

"What are you making?" Nik muttered into her ear.

"Well, I looked through you're cook books and found something called crepes." She replied. Nik nodded and sat down at the island.

"But," Eleanor countinued, "You don't have many ingredients. There was mostly blood in the fridge, along with some vegetables and eggs. So, I sent one of the very nice hybrids out to go grab some stuff for me. I payed him back, though."

"You don't have to pay them, Elle." Nik chuckled at her kindness. He was serious, they were his personal slaves. They can compel themselves a couple thousand dollars whenever.

"Why? They're kind enough to do that. We should be nice to them." Nik sighed, not in the mood to start a fight with her.

"Okay, love." Is all he said. Eleanor countinued cooking, until there was a knock on the door. The two of them furrowed their eyebrows. They weren't expecting anyone today, or any time soon. Nik got up to grab the door, while Eleanor quickly finished up with cooking.

"Damon." Nik faked enthusiam.

"Nice to see you too. What happened to you're shirt?" Damon gestured to Nik's 'pajamas'. He was only wearing sweatpants and those usual necklaces. Nik laughed at him.

"Why are you here?" He ignored his question, which was really pointless.

"I need to speak to Eleanor." Damon said.

"No." Nik refused.

"Why?"

"Because you'll probably try and dagger her. Now leave." Nik glared at him. Eleanor was listening to the conversation, when she decided to but in. She walked into the foyer and pushed Klaus out of the way.

"Hello, Damon." She smiled.

"Eleanor. Can I speak to you?" He returned the smile. Nik was about to say no, but Eleanor spoke up before him.

"Of course. Come in, please." She stepped aside for him. Damon walked in and smirked at Klaus.

"Nik, do you mind giving us a little space?" Eleanor turned to him and gave him a stern look. Klaus wanted to refuse so bad, but Eleanor had some power over him.

"Fine." He huffed and left the room.

"Okay, Damon. What would you like?" Eleanor asked.

~

"You want me to what?" Eleanor exclaimed and stood up. Damon stood up also, putting his hands out cautiously. He had a feeling something bad would happen.

"It's simple, you just have to contact Elijah an-" Eleanor cut him off.

"No! I'm not agreeing with any of this! I'm not going to cheat on Nik with his brother for you idiotic people! Where would you even thing of that? I'm not stupid, you know. You think that would crush Nik? No! It would make him furious! You'd all be dead! Everyone you love, care about, and even know would be dead! Elena would be dead! You have the decency to come waltzing in here without even thinking through your plan?" Eleanor rambled on, but Damon just rolled his eyes, making her even more upset. Suddenly, she rammed her hand into his chest, clutching his heart. Damon made strangled sounds as she tightened her grip on it.

"You better get out of my house now, or else you will never see your precious Elena or any of your friends ever again." She threatened. Damon nodded and winced when she took her hand out of his chest. He slumped down, catching his breath. Eleanor grabbed a cloth that was on the coffee table and wipped her hand. She turned to Damon and glared at him.

"Get out." She said. He didn't hesitate. Damon vampire sped out of the house in a flash.

Eleanor plopped down on the couch, sighing. Her head hurt from what just happened. She almost killed the guy. She shouldn't be like this, this isn't her at all. Not once has she killed someone for food, or revenge. Eleanor sighed once more, and closed her eyes.

~

"That was an interesting conversation you and Damon had." Nik said to Eleanor when she wandered into the art room. She didn't reply. Eleanor sat down on the couch in there and stared into space.

"Eleanor?" Nik placed down his paintbrush and walked over to her. He took as seat beside her and examined her face. Her eyes were puffy and red, there were clearly tears in her eyes. Her nose was red, as if it was rubbed with a tissue too many times.

"El-" She cut him off.

"I almost killed him, Nik." She said monotone. "What?" Nik furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't listen to their conversation at all. He was too busy occupying hiself with worry about Eleanor.

"I almost killed Damon." Eleanor tried to blink back the tears, but they wouldn't go away.

"But-"

"I wanted to kill him!" She cried out weakly. Nik instantly wrapped his arms around her, as she cried into his chest. He stroked her hair, whispering sweet nothings.

"I-I couldn't stop it at first. I just wanted to kill him so bad." She whispered.

"But you didn't, love." Nik hated when Eleanor cried. It made him want to cry, just listening to how broken she seemed.

"Nik, you don't understand!" She pulled away, "I wanted to kill him! It felt like if I were too, what he told me would just go away and I wouldn't have to worry about it! I can't take peoples lives! I just can't, but I felt like I had too!'

"Elle, listen. You didn't kill him, though. You stopped yourself from doing what you feared. I don't know why you feel weak and hurt, but you didn't do what you think you would. You're better than that. I know you can stop whatever is hurting you inside, because you're strong like that." Nik said. Elenaor slowly nodded, understanding what he said. He pulled her into a hug once again, this time not saying, or doing anything. Just enjoying eachother, not worrying about anything else.

~

AHH! It's been so long since I've updated! I'm sorry! I had a bit of writers block for a bit, but I finally finished the chapter! I hope you guys enjoy it :)