one

"I can't believe we're doing this." Elena whispered. Damon scoffed and moved the bobby pin around the door handle a little bit more, then heard a click. He silently cheered to himself and opened the door, revealing the inside of the Mikaelson Manor.

"Why are we even doing this again?" Bonnie rolled her eyes and followed Damon, Elena and Caroline in.

"Because, we hate Klaus." Damon said.

"Breaking into an Original's home? Smart idea Damon." Caroline said sarcastically.

"Hey, you guys agreed to it." He shrugged and closed the door.

"What are we even going to do?" Elena asked.

"We are going to find something that is precious to Klaus." Damon said, as if it was the best plan in the world.

"Wow, Damon. It's not like he can kill us instantly." Elena replied. He didn't respond to them. They all wandered into the living room, when Elena tripped over the rug. She hit the floor rather loudly, but something didn't sound right. She groaned and got up, when Damon rushed over to where she just fell and lifted up the carpet.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Bonnie asked when he started knocking on the floor. Damon shushed her and countinued knocking on the wood.

"It's hollow." Damon furrowed his eyebrows. The girls exchanged worried glances to eachother.

"Well, open it up!" Caroline urged. Damon glared at her in response. He then ripped the wood out, revealing a coffin.

"What the hell?" Elena said when she saw that.

"Hiding dead people in his floor? This guy as some issues." Caroline said.

"Shut up and help me lift this up." He said to Caroline. She nodded and grabbed one side of the coffin and lifted it up. The two of them placed it on the floor beside the hole, that was filled with boxes.

"Get those, too." Damon ordered Caroline. She rushed over and started lifting each one out of the ground.

"How are we going to open it?" Elena asked. Bonnie furrowed her eyebrows, sensing a spell that was put upon the coffin.

"There's a spell on it." She told them. They stared at eachother, but then snapped their heads to the driveway. Someone was pulling in, most likely Klaus.

"Oh my God! What do we do?" Elena panicked. Damon thought for a second, before turning to Caroline.

"You guys take the boxes and put the carpet over the hole. We'll go through the back and into the woods, back to my place." He rushed out. They all nodded and Damon picked up the coffin, with was slightly heavy, considering he had vampire strength. He smashed through the glass door, with Elena, Bonnie and Caroline following. They ran as fast as they could, wanting to get back to the Boarding house without any troubles.

~

"You know, some of us aren't vampires!" Elena panted and fell back onto the couch.

"Boo-hoo. You should be thankful, we managed to escape without being killed by Klaus." Damon poured himself some alcohol.

"Who do you think is in there?" Caroline asked, nodding her head to the coffin. It sat on an old bed sheet, Damon being picky and not wanting it to ruin his floors.

"Family member that nobody knows about?" Bonnie said.

"Wait, didn't you say there was a spell on it? Can't you undo the spell?" Elena asked Bonnie. She bit her lip and thought.

"I'd have to check my grimoires. I don't know what kind of spell is on it, but it seems like I'd most likely be able to get rid of it." Bonnie sighed. It takes forever to find a certain spell.

"Perfect. Grab them, and bring them back here." Damon said.

"But-"

"No buts! I want Klaus to suffer, and the sooner you get this done, the better." Damon glared at her. Bonnie rolled her eyes and left the house, with Caroline and Elena following her.

They got into the car and started the drive back to Bonnie's place. There was an awkward silence for a little bit, nobody knew what to say. They all had the same question in their heads, though.

"Who do you think is in there?" Elena said.

"I was just thinking that." Caroline said.

"Me too. I don't know, but this person must be really dangerous to Klaus if he hides it in the floor." Bonnie said.

"Klaus has some serious trust issues, considering he locks everyone away in coffins." Elena said.

"Yeah." The other girls agreed. They all fell silent again, but wondering the same thing once again.

~

At that moment, Damon was looking through the boxes that they had also found. He was only on the first one out of five. So far, not much; dresses and books. The dresses looked like they were from centuries ago, nothing someone today would wear. Damon lifted one more dress out of the way, only resulting a small gasp to come from him.

He lifted up a drawing that looked exactly like a photo. There was Klaus in it, along with a beautiful girl besides him. This must be really old, not even any digital pictures. He thought to himself. Damon examined the girl, taking in her stunning brown hair and eyes, along with her high cheek bones.

"Woah, did you steal another Mikaelson?" Stefan said when he entered the room and saw the coffin sitting there.

"I don't think it's a Mikaelson." Damon said and carefully placed down the drawing.

"What do you mean?" Stefan came over to him and looked at the boxes.

"Hand me that one." Damon pointed to a box, totally ignoring what Stefan just said. Stefan rolled his eyes and handed it to Damon, who carefully opened it. This time, there were no dresses. The box was fill to the brim with journals and drawings. Stefan furrowed his eyebrows and sat down beside his brother. He took out some drawings and placed them on his lap, carefully looking through them. They looked so old, he didn't want to rip them.

"It's all of the same people. Rebekah, Elijah, Klaus and some girl." Stefan said.

"Wait." Damon said when he flipped to the first page of the book. His eyes zoomed through the slightly messy handwriting, then spotted a name.

"Today Eleanor and I went to visit her mother. She was still very ill. Eleanor told me she wanted to cry when she saw her." Damon read the beginning of Klaus' journal.

"Eleanor is her name, I'm guessing." Damon says and shuts the book.

"Girlfriend probably. There are a few photos of them kissing here." Stefan handed some papers to Damon. Damon looked through them, studying each detail that was shown.

They have been so into this mystery girl, they didn't even notice someone enter the room.

"What are you doing?"

~