eleven

"Welcome to Andaz 5th Avenue Hotel. Do you have reservations?" The lady said with a fake smile. Eleanor leaned over the front desk and narrowed her eyes. "Reservations under Ella Argette. I have your finest, most expensive room." She compelled the lady. She stared into space for a minute, then snapped her fingers.

"Richard! Take Miss Argette up to the Empire Terrace Suite." She handed Eleanor a key card. Eleanor thanked her and followed Richard to the elevator. He placed her bags beside him and pressed the button at the very top. He stepped back and folded his hands neatly infront of him.

"You know," Eleanor spoke up, "I'm kind of hungry."

"Well, there are some amazing restau-" He started but, was cut off when Eleanor attached her lips onto his neck, right on his jugular. Her fangs pierced his soft skin, screams coming from Richard.

Eleanor pulled away after a few seconds. A sick smile came onto her face. She hadn't realized how long it has been since she had blood. It tasted like heaven.

Eleanor bit into her wrist and pressed it up against the scared mans mouth, forcing him to drink it. She pulled her hand away and the wound started to heal instantly.

"You will not remember anything that just happened." Eleanor stared right at him, compelling him. He repeated what she commanded him to do.

"Perfect." She smiled. The elevator doors opened, and Richard picked up her bags. She followed him to the room that she'd be staying in for who know how long.

"Thank you, Richard."

"It was my pleasure, Miss Argette." He held his hand out, asking for a tip. Eleanor sighed and pulled 50 dollars out of her back pocket and placed it in his hands. She pulled her bags into the room and shut the door.

Eleanor plopped down on the couch that faced a floor-length window, giving her a beautiful view of 5th Avenue. She felt as if a weight has been lifted off her shoulders. Sure, people say don't run from you're problems, but it felt so right. She needed an escape. She couldn't stay in Mystic Falls, the small town with big secrets. She needed to go to a big city. Eleanor can worry about her problems in a few days. Maybe weeks, years, who knows. She just doesn't want to be around them.

~

"Miss Argette. You're new car is here. Fine choice, if I do say so myself." The grey-haired man smiled and Eleanor walked out of the hotel.

"Why thank you, Al. Here," She handed him a few hundred dollar bills, as if it was nothing. "For your kindness."

"Oh, Miss Argette, I can't-" Al refused, but Eleanor cut him off. No old man should be working here as a door man.

"Keep it. You need it more than I do." She gave him a warm smile. Al thanked her and opened the sleek, black door to the Porsche. He handed Eleanor the keys and bid goodbye to her. She started up the new car. The roar of the engine gave her a giddy feeling as she took off down the street.

Eleanor came to a stop infront of a red light. She pulled her phone out of her purse, which would not stop ringing. There were missed phone calls and text messages, mostly from Klaus. A few were from Caroline, sending death threats. How she got her number, I have no idea. Klaus' messages were demanding and just a bunch of demands for her to come home.

The light changed to green, and Eleanor countinued making her way to her destination. Her phone was silent for a few minutes, then it started blasting the classic iPhone ringtone. She let out a frustrated sigh and rolled down her window. Eleanor threw her phone out window, listening to it crash to pieces with her vampire hearing.

~

Eleanor was sitting in a cafe named Starbucks, drinking a vanilla frappuchino. It was pretty busy in there. Business men where shouting for their coffee, teenage girls taking pictures of their drinks. Eleanor enjoyed it, though. Mystic Falls was much more calm, but she like the big crowds and loud voices.

"Is this seat taken?" A masculine voice startled her from her thoughts. She looked up and saw a very handsome man with a laptop bag and a coffee in his hands. A small blush came onto her face when she saw him staring at her.

"No, it's not." She smiled. He thanked her and sat down, setting his laptop on the table.

"You're not from here, are you?" He asked her.

"What do you mean?"

"You're accent. Are you british?" The unnamed man said. Eleanor realised what he meant, and let out a chuckle.

"No, I'm from Australia. But my father was british." She said.

"That's so cool. I'm Calum." Calum stuck out his hand.

"Ella." She gladly shook it. Butterflies errupted in her stomach when their hands came in contact.

"So, Ella from Australia, who's father is british, what brings you to New York?" He leaned back in his chair.

"Ever heard of Mystic Falls?" Calum shook his head. "It's a really small town. I used to live there, but then secrets and fights started happening there, and I couldn't handle it. So one night, I packed my bags and ran away. I much more enjoy big cities."

"So, you've never been to New York?" Calum raised an eyebrows. Eleanor shook her head.

"Well, New York is a big city. You'll need someone to show you around the city that never sleeps. I can show you around the city if you want." He suggested. Eleanor wanted to deny, but she felt like she could trust him, even though they just met.

"I'd enjoy that, Calum." She nodded.

"Awesome. Can I have you're number, then? We can schedule a date." Calum offered.

"Um, well, about that-" Calum cut her off.

"Oh, you thought I meant a date date. I mean for the tour, but if you want it to be a date, we can. Unless you have a boyfriend-" It was Eleanor's turn to cut him off.

"No, I mean I threw my phone out my cars window a few hours ago. And I don't have a boyfriend." Her mind wandered over to Klaus. They weren't really dating. They were each others romantic interests.

"Well, then I can give you my number and you can call me once you get a new phone." Calum took a pen out of his bag and scribbled his number onto a napkin. He slid it over to Eleanor, and she placed it in her purse.

"I have to get going, Calum. I think I should be getting a new phone." Eleanor grinned and stood up with her drink.

"Then, goodbye Ella. It was very nice meeting you." He smiled at her.

"Goodbye, Calum. I will be taking that date into consideration, though." She called back to him when she was walking away. A new feeling came over her, like she was a new person. She doesn't need to worry about Klaus or Damon. They can figure things out themselves. She's not Eleanor Argette, the hybrid of three, who was inlove with Niklaus Mikaelson.

No, she's Ella Argette, the girl from New York.

~

Jeez, it's been getting harder for me to end these chapters lol.