five

By night, Eleanor finally found her way back to Klaus' house. She had been walking for hours. She didn't want to run, not wanting to rush anything. Eleanor thought things over during those hours, and she came to a conclusion.

"Nik?" Eleanor called out. No response, but only a pair of arms wrapped around her. She knew it was Nik, the usual way that he'd burry his face into her neck was an obvious answer.

"I was worried, Elle." He muttered into her neck.

"I'm fine, see? No scratches or bruises." She smiled and turned around to face him.

"But you left for hours, and you don't know you're way around Mystic Falls." touche needed to know she was okay. Not just 'yes' and 'I'm fine'.

"I'm back now, Nik. Don't worry. I thought through this whole hybrid thing while trying to find my way back." Eleanor smiled. She loved it when Nik was over-protective, it showed that he actually cared for her.

"Trying?"

"Did I not just come back from the dead this morning?"

"Touché." He smiled. She let out a laugh and wiggled out of Nik's grasp. Eleanor walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Something is different." Eleanor examined the room. It looked so much different from before she left.

"I put the windows back in?' Nik sat down beside her.

"Oh... I'm sorry for what happened before." She blushed, embarassed by what she did.

"It's fine, love. They're just windows. Plus, the Hybrids did it." Nik smiled, but Eleanor was confused.

"Hybrids?" The only time Nik has mention that word around her was back in the 13th century, when the Mikealson's revealed who they truely were to Eleanor.

"Ah, you don't know. I've found a solution to creating more hybrids." Nik told her.

"Really?" She was impressed. In the 1300's, Nik spent only some time trying to create more hybrids, trying to figure out how to actually create them. But, he stopped when he had to put Eleanor to sleep. Not for long, then Nik was back up and running, ruining innocent people's lives.

"Yes. Do you remember Tatia? That girl I told you about?" Nik asked. Eleanor nodded, and he countinued, "She had a doppelgänger a few decades after you were... somewhat dead. Katerina Petrova, she was the key to creating more hybrids. To be more specific, her blood was. But, she was turned into a vampire, so my plan failed. Fast foward a few centuries into the future, Elena Gilbert, Katerina's doppelgänger was born. Now, as long as she lives and gives me her blood, the hybrids that I create will live if I give them her blood."

Eleanor stared at him for a few seconds, processing this information. She understood almost everything, but one thing ticked her off.

"You never... had any sexual experiences with any of these girls?"

Nik's eyes widened. He couldn't lie to her.

"I won't lie to you, but barely any. I knew you'd come back one day, so I waited." Nik said truthfully. Eleanor knew he wasn't lying.

"Thank you, for telling the truth. And, I also have a few questions." Eleanor said. Nik nodded, signalling that it was okay too.

"How do you know what I am?" Eleanor asked.

"One night, I had a dream that was actually the witches telling me what you are. I thought it was just a normal, crazy dream. But, the next day, one of the witches in our village came and actually told Rebekah, Elijah and I what you were." Nik told her.

"If you knew this, why didn't you tell me?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"We didn't because it wasn't time for you to know. That witch also said that in many centuries, you'd start to unlock the rest of what you are. As you can see, that happened today." Nik said.

"Why did you dagger me?" Eleanor said. Nik bit his lip, not sure how to explain it to her.

"Well, um," His voice came out kind of high.

"Niklaus." Eleanor said in a stern voice.

"I- we didn't dagger you." Nik sighed.

"Then... who did?" Eleanor was upset now.

"The thing is, we don't exactly know." This got Eleanor mad.

"What do you mean you don't know who killed me?" She yelled.

"Your body was found in your room with a dagger in your heart. There was also a note, telling us not to undagger you or else there will be consiquences." Nik said.

"And you never bothered on trying to find out who did it?" Her fingers started to feel tingled, and he breathing became heavier.

"Well, I'm sorry for just coming home one day and finding you dead! What was I supposed to do? Go knocking on everybody's, asking who daggered the woman I love?" Nik shouted.

"You could've atleast tried to find out!"

"I did! I spent years trying to find the person who did it! Elijah couldn't stop me, Rebekah couldn't, nobody! I didn't want to stop until I got revenge!" Nik shouted. Eleanor's fingers stopped feeling weird, and sympathy filled her emotions.

"Nik..." She trailed off, not know what to say.

"Just forget it. One of the hybrids will show you too your room. Have a goodnight." Nik said bitterly and went upstairs. Tears filled Eleanor's eyes, knowing she probably ruined things between her and Nik. She quickly went into the kitchen, where a hybrid stood at the counters.

"C-can you show me to my room, please?" She sniffed. The hybrid nodded and lead her upstairs, and stopped infront of a room. He nodded at her and went back downstairs.

Eleanor walked into the room and slammed the door. She fell onto the bed, and started sobbing. The tears were for Nik. How she most likely made him hate her, how she upset him. After that fight, she was almost convinced that he now hated her.

Nik heard her sobbing from his room, which was right beside his. Tears fell out of his eyes as he listened to her. He probably made her hate him. The weird thing was, is that they believe that they hate eachother now.

Oh, how the two of them are wrong.

~