IRI NA ATO

The day had come, Naza and Dipsy were going out. Stephanie didn't know where they were going but she hoped it wasn't that shooting range and he wasn't actually taking Naza to Kaduna.

They had been having issues recently, she noticed that Dipsy was quite manipulative and he never admitted to being wrong, he believed he was always right and she was wrong. After the last fight they had, he had gone 3 days without talking to her. When they finally spoke, Dipsy wasn't apologetic for putting her in that condition, instead his reply was you know the nature of my job.
She was really pissed that day because they'd had this job conversation and he promised to try, saying he loved her a lot and yet here he was, saying thrash.

After ignoring her messages when she poured out her mind, he texted her saying he had a confession to make.
He began sprouting out nonsense from his mouth, telling Stephanie that he has a lady living with him but she was packing out soon. He said he picked her from the road because she wasn't Hausa and it was dangerous leaving here there. But they had been having sex but he said after he met Stephanie they stopped. All she could do was laugh, he probably thought she was dumb enough to believe that lie.
This was the latest incident but in all, she was glad he was still coming to take Naza out so maybe Naza would mend them again.

Chinaza had woken early, had his bath and went to Stephanie's room to disturb her because Sister Amanda had locked her room. Stephanie imagined the kind of trouble Sister Amanda and Chinaza would be in at the orphanage, with how they always left.

"Miss Stephanie." Naz called as he fell on the bed.

Stephanie pretended to still be asleep. She should've locked her door, the kind of energy this boy had this morning isn't something she could control.

"Adannaya, please answer me." Chinaza whined.

Stephanie was smiling he called her Ada, she rolled on the bed and sat up, pretending to stretch.

"Good morning to you too." Stephanie yawned.

"Mr Dipsy is coming today." Naza danced.

"I couldn't forget even if I wanted to Naza,  but don't you think it's too early to begin preparing?" Stephanie asked.

"It's almost 10 o'clock, so no, I don't think so." Naza said and dragged her to his room to pick out the better outfit amongst the two he got yesterday.

Dipsy arrived few minutes later.

"Hi." Dipsy said as he walked into the parlour. He tried to hug Stephanie but she just turned and walked away.

"Stay downstairs. Let me go call him." Stephanie called out.

She came down with Naza and warned him to be careful and not get injured, she even gave him her other phone so he could call her if there was any issue.

"He's not going alone yunno." Dipsy chipped in.

"I hope so." Stephanie muttered under her breath. "I'm just taking precautions."

"Of course. He is your son." Dipsy answered.

"Good. Take care of my son." Stephanie said.

"Mom, are you sure you want me to go?" Naza asked.

Mom. He called her mom. She knew it was an act, yet she felt like she was tearing up.
She drew Naza closed to her and hugged him tight.

"It's alright baby. Be careful and make sure you have fun." Stephanie replied and let him go.

After they left, Stephanie became restless. She kept checking the time and tried calling several times, but neither of them was responding.

"You're being worried over nothing, you know." Sister Amanda called from the kitchen.