IRI

Iheanyi had come to pick Chinaza for school with his uniform in the car. This time he drove into the orphanage, gave Sister Amanda the uniform and waited for her to come out with Chinaza.

"Chineke o bu gi bu ife a. ị Maka go oooo. Lekwa Okapara Oga m. Jesus ego di nma ooo. I di ka odogwu." Iheanyi bombarded Chinaza with praises.

"Iheanyi, you've praised the boy enough and drawn lots of attention. Just take a picture of him and send to Miss Eziaku, would you?" Sister Amanda suggested.

"Yes! She even talk say make I do am. Thank you." Iheanyi replied.

Chinaza entered the car and they headed for his school. When they arrived and Chinaza got down from the car, Iheanyi did the sign of the cross for him.

He hoped he had a good day and wasn't intimidated by those rich men's children, although he was one. He was sure Chinaza was smarter than most of them. His phone rang and the caller ID read Madam, he came back to reality and drove back to the house. They had an appointment to keep.

Entering the school compound, Chinaza saw students coming down from fancy cars exactly like his. He thought it was a boarding school but he believed there were more day students than boarders. He shouldn't be intimated, he thought, no one knew the actual story and they would all assume he was Miss Stephanie's son. He asked a fellow student for directions to JSS1A, all the while wondering why he got A. He hoped Miss Stephanie didn't have anything to do with it because he wanted to become a Lawyer and not a doctor. By the time he got into the class, a teacher was there already.

"Good morning, Sir." Chinaza greeted.

"Good morning. Whats the name?" The teacher asked.

"Chinaza..." He hadn't said his surname when the teacher spoke.

"Oh! Miss Stephanie's son. Welcome." The teacher said while Chinaza headed for a seat.

She wasn't surprised to receive the invitation, it was normal for invitations like that to come in whenever they needed a speaker concerning entrepreneurship and she was always glad to oblige them.
She was running late and the traffic wasn't helping at all. The only good thing was that she was already in Anambra, but she had to hurry up and get back to Enugu before Chinaza's school closed.

It was time for recess and Chinaza put his lunch box on the table when he noticed he was the only one doing that. The rest were leaving the class. He remembered seeing the boy from earlier in his class, he walked to his desk as the boy packed his books, ready to leave the class too.

"Aren't you going to eat here?" Chinaza asked.

"What do you mean 'here'? Everyone is headed to the dining to get snacks. You are a day student?" The boy asked.

"Yes. I am." Chinaza replied

"Explains a lot. We go to the dining during break for snacks." The boy explained.

"Oh! Thank you. What's your name?" Naza asked.

"Uchechukwu but everyone calls me UC. You could come with me." Uc said and left the class with Chinaza following closely behind.

The meeting had ended and she was already back at Enugu. Chinaza would probably be at home waiting for her, so she decided to round up working. She had a lot on her hands because it was almost summer so most people would start making travelling plans and she had to be available for them. She decided she'd complete at home but at that moment, she wanted to go see Chinaza before he was dropped at the orphanage.

"Good evening, ma." Her gateman greeted.

"Good evening, Ekene. What are you still doing here? Don't you have night school?" Stephanie asked.