ÌSE

"Chaiiii,you don get better already...shebi I talk am." Iheanyi said as he entered the hospital room.

"Yes, I feel better. Thank you." Chinaza answered smiling.

"Now, I go carry you go Shoprite, after that we go enter Zoo so you go see plenty animals. You like Icecream abi?" Iheanyi asked.

Chinaza nodded.

"Good, I go buy you icecream. We go go that place where dem dey watch film." Iheanyi said, leaving Chinaza confused.

"Which place?" Chinaza asked.

"Ahh.. you no know that place? E get big screen laidis... Madam dey go there wen weekend come.."

Iheanyi explained to Chinaza, hoping he would identify the place.

"I don't know the place." Chinaza answered.

"And I don forget the name oo, madam dey always talk am." Iheanyi said, hitting his head; something Africans did unconsciously when trying to remember things.

Stephanie was in the toilet, laughing quietly at their conversation and imagining how hard Iheanyi must be trying to remember the name of the place where movies were seen. She smiled and decided to bring him out of his misery.

"It's called a cinema, Iheanyi, and whose car do you plan to use for all these?" Stephanie asked.

"Madam na your own now." Iheanyi answered smiling.

"Iheanyi, just give him the food already." Stephanie said.

"Yes ma'am." Iheanyi answered and walked towards the bed.

"Oya come chop. Na Eba and egusi." Iheanyi said to Chinaza.

"Thank you." Chinaza said, smiling.

Iheanyi turned and started towards the door.

"Oh! Iheanyi, I'm going to pretend I didn't hear all the Pidgin you spoke a while ago." Stephanie said.

Iheanyi just smiled and left the room.

"Thank you, honestly, thank you. For the food, the treatment, everything. Thank you." Chinaza said gratefully.

"That's okay. Enjoy your food." Stephanie said.

"When is Sister Amanda coming back?" Chinaza asked.

"She's not. When you are done eating, I can take you back to the Orphanage." Stephanie said.

Chinaza looked down at the mention of the Orphanage, remembering the fact that he's not a normal kid. He's an orphan. He hated how the society made it look like being an orphan was a crime, for heaven's sake most of them still have parents living but too selfish to take care of them. He wished his parents were dead not selfish.

"Omg! I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way." Stephanie apologized.

"It's okay. I will just eat the food when I get back to the orphanage." Chinaza replied, stretching the word Orphanage.

"Can we leave now?" Chinaza asked.

"Are you really not eating again?" Stephanie asked, concerned.

"Yes, yes. I will eat at the orphanage." Chinaza answered.

"Okay then, I'm calling Iheanyi to come get your stuff. I need to get your drugs from the dispensary." Stephanie told him and brought her phone out to call Iheanyi.

She left the room to head to the dispensary and met her gossip of a doctor in the hallway.

"Good evening, ma." Dr Paul greeted.