ISÍÍ

Stephanie had been in Lagos for a week and few days, she had fired her manager at Mushin and the Board of Directors brought forward two people from which she had to pick the next manager. She hadn't made up her mind yet, they were both females and she knew how it was to work with females. She didn't want them to be disrespected by their male counterparts, even though it wasn't that big a deal because the females looked like they could handle themselves.

The problem was with working with them; it is often said, that the problem of the female gender is the female gender. She didn't want to make a mistake that would cost her the company. She couldn't find it in herself to tell the manager that she would be moving the Company at Ogba to Ajah, though that wouldn't be a problem for him since he would remain the manager, but then, she thought of the staff that would loose their jobs.

What would become of them and their families is what she constantly asked herself and that was why she had prolonged her stay in Lagos, hoping an alternative would pop up. By the end of the week, an idea popped up in her mind; she could get a company bus that would come to the office at Ogba at 6 to carry all it's workers to Ajah. She didn't know whether or not it would work out, so she decided she would conduct an experiment for one week and if it doesn't work out, then she would just build a smaller company; it would be like a branch of the main company.
Since the idea came in already, she decided to leave by weekend but she would have to appoint a new manager for the Mushin Company before that.

Chinaza felt sad, it been almost 2 weeks and he had heard nothing from Stephanie. He had even been to  her office on several occasions and he wasn't even allowed inside, but he never saw her car or even Iheanyi. He spent these past days at the shed as he couldn't bring himself to steal anymore. He felt like it was a betrayal to Stephanie and who knows maybe she made someone watch him or something, she had the money so it was possible.

Sister Amanda started staying less at the orphanage, she always made him food and left after that. He had even seen her on various occasions in regular clothes but he didn't want to say anything. He hoped she knew what she was doing and she was being careful about it, because these Sisters didn't look like they could be messed with. He even overhead Sister Amanda's conversation few days ago, she was going to visit a family member. He didn't know she had any, she never spoke of them and he hoped she wasn't lying and running because he did love her.

Amanda was getting tired of being a sister, she believed she had paid her debts already. The Catholic Church gave her a scholarship after her parents died. She was grateful and told herself she would become a sister to show her gratitude.
It seemed like the more she grew up and lived as a sister, she noticed she didn't like it at all. She didn't want to be a sister, she wasn't cut out for it and these few days of going out in regular clothes and seeing how normal young girls of her age lived made her realize that this wasn't what she wanted, yet she couldn't just leave like that. Chinaza was yet to be adopted, she didn't want to leave him at the home. She really prayed that Eziaku was the one to adopt him but it'd been weeks and Eziaku hadn't called or even come visiting. It wasn't time for her to leave yet, the universe hadn't given her permission. If Mother Superior was in her mind right now she would have cautioned her. Most times she wished she had the ability to adopt Chinaza but then even she wasn't ready to take care of another human.

As she was planning on  leaving the orphanage during the weekend to visit a friend, she saw Chinaza walk in so she pretended to be talking to a family member, while in reality, she was talking to a friend she had just reconnected with. She couldn't wait to spend the weekend with her. Pamela had made plans for them already and honestly she was excited. She would just talk to Chinaza about it tomorrow and give him some money to eat because she wouldn't be around to make food for him at 6am till the next week. She was going to miss him but she would buy a new sweater and some tops for him since he was overgrowing the ones he had.