ABÚO

"Madam, that thing wey you do for that boy good oo." Stephanie's driver said.

Stephanie smiled at his effort to start a conversation, he probably thought she hadn't forgiven him for his misbehaviour this morning.

"Iheanyi,what did I say about Pidgin?" Stephanie asked.

"Make I no speak am again." Her driver replied.

She wanted to laugh so bad but she held it in, he needed to know she was serious.
It was embarrassing for him to always speak Pidgin wherever they went no matter the occasion.

"Iheanyi, I'm not going to reply you until you speak English." She stated looking at him sternly through the rear-view mirror.

Iheanyi kept silent for a while and it did seem like he was trying to construct a sentence in his mind before saying anything.

"Madam, what you did for that boy is good." He said.

"Now, that's impressive, Iheanyi. Thank you. I only did the right thing." She answered.

The drive to the airport finally came to an end.

She opened her door and as she headed into the airport, Iheanyi came out of the car and shouted "Madam! safe trip you hear !!!"
She turned and gave him a look that made him realize his mistake.

He coughed and said, "Madam, have a safe trip."

Stephanie just smiled at him and waved him.
It was a process and they were going to get there.
He was putting in effort and that was all that mattered.

"Flight 7250, Enugu to Lagos is boarding now."

The voice from the airport speaker announced.

Stephanie headed straight to her boarding gate; she was flying first class so she was allowed to enter immediately.
She thought about the reason why she was going to Lagos; her companies in Lagos weren't doing well.
The first one at Ogba, Ogudu, was affected during the fire outbreak that happened recently and the other one was just somehow not doing well.
They were having more losses than gains, and that kept her thinking.
If her mom was here, she would probably have told her that the reason her company wasn't doing well was because Onye Mmanu ofé, which meant a yourba person was handling it for her.

She was tired of having to explain over and over again to her mom that one being wicked had nothing to do with their tribe and everything to do with their personality, because she had experienced an Igbo person being wicked to her but then, if she had told her mom about the person, her mom's reply would've been "Oburu na inyocha nke oma nne ya bu Yoruba," which would still put the blame back on Yoruba because her mom would have believed the person's mom was yourba.
So she just stopped having the whole tribal conversation with her mom.
They always fought about it.
Her mom had made it clear that when she wants to marry, it had to be an Igbo man or no one else.
She always told her mom that she would marry a yourba man just to spite her but, deep down, she knew she wouldn't.
She had a soft spot for them, yes, but that was all about it.
She knew where she wanted to marry from and it wasn't the igbo tribe.
There was something about the Minority tribes that she loved.

"On behalf of airpeace and the whole crew, thank you for flying with us today and we hope you have a nice stay in Lagos." The hostess said from the speaker.

The voice jolted her back to reality.
She picked her bag and headed for arrivals.
Her company called earlier to inform her that they would be sending a driver.
As she waited at arrivals, she noticed a man in his 30's coming towards her so she assumed he was the driver and walked towards him.

"Good afternoon, Ma." The driver greeted.

"Good afternoon. What's your name?" Stephanie asked.

"Razaq, Ma." The driver replied.

"Oh! You're a Muslim." She stated.

"Yes ma. They didn't say anything about your religion preference." Razaq answered.

"That's because there's none. Can we go?"Stephanie asked.

She entered the car and the drive was really quiet.

At this point, she missed Iheanyi because if he were here, he would probably be making her laugh.
She smiled at the thought, she couldn't believe she was missing Iheanyi.
She made a mental note to get him a gift before returning home.
She looked at her watch, and she realized that she was running late for her meeting and with the traffic, there was no way she was getting there on time.
The traffic was one of the reasons she couldn't live in Lagos, adding to how crowded the city already was.
She called the manager, apologizing that she wouldn't make it in time and suggesting that they could have a zoom meeting instead, which he agreed to so she switched on her system and connected to the meeting.
Her driver drove rather roughly, which sent her flying forward leading to the hitting of her forehead on the headrest of the seat in front.
She was about to scold him when Razaq left the car.
She was inside watching him shout at someone but she didn't see any reason for him to do that, so she came out and spoke.

"Why all this? I've always told people to resist the urge to shaleye. Ko necessary."

The driver looked stunned, he didn't know she spoke yourba, infact, he didn't believe she could actually speak that way.

"Are you surprised?" Stephanie asked.

"You Lagosians tend not to listen to posh people." She said and entered into the car, waiting for him to get back in and continue driving.

He followed her in immediately.
He drove straight to her hotel since she already had the meeting.
She decided that she would just go straight to Ogba, Ogudu tomorrow and hopefully by Wednesday, she could head back to Enugu.
She kept checking her phone for missed calls from an unknown number, though that wouldn't have been possible because she had been holding her phone all day waiting for Chinaza to call.
Maybe she should have  collected his number instead but he didn't look like he had a phone.
She hoped he used the money to eat, he looked like he needed all the food he could get. 
This made her consider taking him to dinner whenever he called.
She lay on her bed, exhausted from the day's stress and dreading the next day already.

Yeah 🎉🎉🎉🎉
Chapter 2 is done..
It's 3:46Am here already.. so Happy New month, May would be good..
I have lots of birthdays this month, not mine though.
I hope y'all are enjoying the book..
Did you also expect Stephanie to be posh always lol.
Please do drop your comments and don't forget to vote.😋😋