50

Genevieve, if you remember, is not a morning person. However, she will admit that she could get used to the morning if it meant waking up in Seth's arms.

She couldn't be upset over the sun peeking in through her window, a little too bright for her eyes.

Seth's arm was wrapped around her waist, holding her close to his side. She was completely enveloped in his body heat, having kicked off her comforter last night from getting too warm. Seth was a space heater, and Genevieve didn't mind one bit. She slowly turned on her side, stifling a yawn as she buried her face into Seth's shoulder. She lifted her head, watching Seth for a moment with a soft smile. His lips were slightly parted, his breath coming out evenly in soft puffs. Genevieve loved how peaceful he looked, all of their troubles completely wiped away in his sleep.

"Staring is rude." Genevieve snorted when Seth opened one eye, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I wasn't staring!" Genevieve blushed, narrowing her eyes when Seth barked out a laugh. "Whatever. I never say anything when you stare at me."

"Yes you do," Seth scoffed, his lips tugging into a smile. "You always do. Besides, I can't help it. You're too beautiful not to stare at."

Genevieve grinned, leaning forward to share a loving kiss with Seth. Seth's arm pulled her closer to him, fingers dancing up her side. Genevieve couldn't help the small giggle that escaped her lips, resting her forehead against Seth's.

"That tickles," she giggled. Genevieve bit her lip, taking a moment to enjoy how truly happy she felt. The little bubble that she and Seth had created in her room left her feeling safe and loved. She never wanted to leave.

Of course it was ruined by her phone vibrating on her nightstand.

Genevieve groaned, falling back onto her pillow. She turned, arm reaching for her phone when she was pulled back into Seth's chest. Genevieve laughed, eyes closing as Seth peppered kisses down her neck. She could feel Seth's careful kisses, hesitating briefly to be wary of the healing bruises on her neck. Seth's anger was something she rarely saw, and if it weren't for the fact that Thomas was rotting in solitary confinement, Genevieve truly believed Seth would go take care of her uncle himself. "Ignore them."

"You're a terrible influence," Genevieve snorted. She let her eyes close, letting herself get lost in Seth's touch when her phone finally stopped buzzing. The silence was short lived when not a moment later, it started up again. Genevieve huffed, quickly grabbing her phone off the nightstand before Seth could protest.

"Hello?" Genevieve pressed the phone to her ear, using one hand to playfully shove Seth away as he reached for her again.

"Eve! When are you coming over? Alice has not stopped pestering me about the party. She's convinced that since she can't see you that you're avoiding her," Rosalie's voice echoed through the receiver. Genevieve bit back a snort at Rosalie's annoyance, knowing just how much her siblings could get under her skin. Especially Alice, becoming a menace whenever she couldn't see the future as clear as she wanted to. With the wolves and the Sirens, Alice's visions have holes in them that she's learned to maneuver around. It must have been more difficult recently with Renesmee's added unseeable future for Alice.

"I'll come over today," Rosalie's relieved sigh was her only response. "After lunch, okay? Tell everyone I can't wait to see them again."

"Do you want me to pick you up?"

Genevieve thought for a moment, realizing that she had no way to get to the Cullens. She turned when she felt Seth's hand on her shoulder, rubbing small circles into her skin.

"I can always take you."

"You don't have a car either," Genevieve said softly, frowning at essential horseback riding to Cullen's house. Seth shrugged, falling back into the pillows. "If you can, that'd be great Rose."

"Of course, I'll be there in two hour.s I'll see you soon. I missed you, Eve."

Genevieve smiled softly, "I missed you too, Rose. I'll see you soon."

As soon as she hung up the phone, Seth's arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her back into his arms. Genevieve laughed, turning so she was facing Seth, acutely aware that she was laying on top of him. "I have to get dressed."

"You have two hours, Evie. That's plenty of time to throw something on."

"You and I both know that I'd never hear the end of it from Alice if I just 'threw something on.' Besides, I still need to shower." Genevieve rolled her eyes, resting her chin gently on Seth's chest. She took a moment to admire her boyfriend - her selfless, kind-hearted, loving boyfriend. Genevieve knew that no matter what, Seth would try to protect her from anything that threatened her. Even if it was her own father.

Genevieve didn't know what her father was thinking when he decided to work with Thomas to give away Siren safehouse locations, she stopped being able to understand her father's decisions when he left. She couldn't help but wonder if he would put his own daughter at risk. He knew where she and Lorelei lived, he had to have known that Matthew was with them now. If he truly wanted to get rid of Sirens, what was stopping him from telling the Volturi their location?

"Evie?" Seth called softly, brushing her hair behind her ear gently. Genevieve frowned, feeling fear creep into her heart like a shadow. "What's wrong?"

Genevieve swallowed the lump in her throat, feeling tears prick at her eyes. "What if my father sends the Volturi after me? They'll kill everyone they can get their hands on. I just found my family - I just found you. I don't know what I'd do if they found us-"

"Hey," Seth pulled both of them into a sitting position, hands on Genevieve's shoulders to try and keep her grounded. Genevieve clutched onto his wrists, eyes closed in an attempt to control her breathing. "We're going to be okay. If the Volturi decides to come, Alice will see it. We'll be ready."

Genevieve sniffled, leaning into Seth's touch as he wiped away the tears she didn't know had fallen. "I'm scared," she said softly, peaking at Seth through wet lashes. And she was scared. Her world was shaken by the news that her father was conspiring against her people. She always thought her father would protect her - that's why he tried to take her back to Chicago, right? But she was wrong. He was trying to rid the world of her and her people. The worst part is that the only thing she could do was wait for something to happen, whether it was her father being found and stopped or the Volturi coming after her family.

"I know, Evie. But we're going to get through this together. We're gonna be okay."

Genevieve could only nod, trying with every fiber of her being to believe in Seth's words. She wanted to believe in Seth's forever optimistic attitude, but something was nagging her in the back of her mind that it wasn't going to be okay. Sooner or later, the Volturi would come for her and her family. She wasn't going to sit around and wait for them. When the Volturi, or any vampire, decided to come after them, Genevieve was going to be ready.