Part 24 - His own choice

3 a.m

This night should be unforgettable. So much terrible things has happened and yet the city seemed calm and peaceful, adorned with lights and surrounded by the wonderful smell of japanese restaurants.

This city never slept, you could even experience some adventures at this time here.

Taylor looked like a normal 17 year old teenager walking through the streets of the city.
He saw some restaurants being cleaned or rebels spraying gravity on a wall.

As I said, Taylor was a very pretty boy in his human body. He had wild brown hair and deep blue eyes.

He wore a comfortable blue hoodie to match his eyes and also typical adidas shoes.

Nobody could see the monster that he was in his heart through this adorable face...

The boy came to a dark alley that nobody dared to enter at night. It was dark and cold here.

But Taylor already knew this alley and as a strong dragon he was not afraid of places that humans called "creepy" or "dangerous."

Some cigarettes lay on the ground and also some broken bottles. But next to one of these glass bottles was a newspaper article, crumpled and covered with dirt.
On the front page you could see a photo of Harumi's face with the big red headline: "Alive?"

When Taylor saw her face, he felt anger rising inside him. Only 20 minutes ago he had tortured this woman and seeing her smile again was driving him crazy.

"AGHHHHHHH!!!"

He held his hand up in the air and suddenly you could see blue glitter sprout from his little fingers.

The power of the dragons was creation

A strong one,...
A Power to protect people and to used for the greater good...

But even so, Taylor couldn't control it.

It was because the young dragon had never trained his real skills.

He has lived with the onis since he was a little baby and it was a miracle that the dark, evil king spared and raised a small one like him during the bloody war.
Taylor was told that his father, who was also a thoroughbred dragon, wanted to save his own life in the war and left his child to the onis out of fear.

The king did not want to kill the child because he saw the opportunity, the power of creation being used for evil.

A Dragon in his army, destroying his own kind...

And so Taylor grew up with the oni warriors and was trained to be a brave but also coldhearted soldier.
He learned to use the sword in a battle, the techniques of fighting and defense. He was to be the next to Omega, who was the leader of the army.

However, Omega died earlier than expected and Taylor was very young. He was still a teenager, a little younger than the green ninja himself and yet his heart was filled with hate...

The king made sure that Taylor grew up as a villain. It was part of the training of an adult oni...

Well, thats what the king always say...

"Relax Blueberry! You won't kill her if you destroy that picture?"

It was a beautiful female voice Taylor already knew. Taylor turned and saw the ruler's daughter, the princess of onis. She had recently attacked him and Lloyd.

"Nice to see you too... Aria..." Taylor said a little annoyed and rolled his eyes.

Oh yes, he knew her only too well, because it was his job to protect her. After all, she was a part of the royal family.

The scene before was also another part of the plan and Taylor and Aria we're acting to confuse the little green Ninja.
Aria never wanted to hurt Taylor with her words or actions; after all, he was responsible for her safety.

"But I have to admit ...  You are really cute in that outfit!" laughed the princess amused.

You could see how she turned slightly red in Taylor's presence. She gave him a velvety smile and her purple eyes sparkled in the moon light.

When Aria was a little child she always shared sympathy for Taylor. She didn't care if he was different and had dragonblood. It kinda made him more interesting than the other typical guys in her realm.

She had a crush on Taylor but he didn't seem to care about "her love for him" and weird romantic stuff like that...

Apparently he didn't even notice that she had feelings for him.

"I hate my job ..." the dragon replied and sighed. "I hate wearing these clothes pretending to be a normal nice person? Lloyd even believes me! What a turd-..."

"Well well... Lil Taytay is a good actor!"

The other onis, who came from the corner disguised as criminals, grinned at him mockingly.

"Be careful young Dragon, you might fool the king and end up at the streets with those skills!"

"One more word ... And I swear I'll burn you alive!" grumbled Taylor angrily and walked towards one of the warriors.

"You idiots forgot that i'm your Boss right? Bite your tongue Luka and have some more respect, without the king I would be on the streets, maybe already dead!"

One of the onis who bore the name luka noticed that Taylor was serious about his words.

The dragon hated the dark humor of him and the other warriors, and if Taylor wanted he could make sure the king would kill them for their silly behavior.

"I'm sorry Boss... It was a joke..."

"You don't seem to understand why we're in this miserable human world at all, do you?"

Taylor steps in the middle and looks at all the oni warriors standing in a circle around him.

None of the warriors dares to look into Taylor's evil eyes. It was embarrassing to be reprimanded by a dragon and also, Taylor can be really dangerous in a time like this.

"This is our change to win the war we always lose! The King is counting on us! Each time these monsters treated us like dirt... Like we are nothing! Worthless! But with Lloyd on our side we will destroy them! And none of these creatures will survive our rage!" said Taylor in a confident voice.

Even though Taylor was often rude to them, the onis admired his strength and will. He was the son of a Dragon, but no other oni was as determined as he was. That's why he was the perfect choice to be the leader of the royal army.

"But Boss... When Lloyd finds out that you betrayed him like that-..."

"Oh trust me... I will assure you that he will come with me. And it will be his own choice!"