Part 13 - The cool kid

The story I'm going to tell you about is a few years in the past.

It's a nice story, don't worry.

It's about two little boys who attended the same school, not far from Ninjago city.
You already know one of the boys very well.

Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon.

He was a Student of the Darkley's Boarding School.
This place is now knows as Wu's Academy, so many things changed over the years. Back then, "bad" kids visited this place, whose parents we're the best known villains or criminals in Ninjago.

But nobody could keep up with Lloyd's father. The all mighty Lord Garmadon.
He was the biggest villain of them all and the students wanted to be like him.
You might think that his son was the best and most popular student of all in this school.

Well you we're wrong...

To be honest, Lloyd was kinda the biggest joke there.
He was freak Garmidon.
Yeah, sadly this name existed back then in this school.
Or worse...
"GrEeNie" or "Floyd."

Nobody had any respect for the boy at school

Nobody had any respect for the boy at school. Everyone thought his father was ashamed to have such a good hearted son.

Lloyd also failed to get good grades in many exams.

He was too nice, too cute, too honest...

He also had such a punchable face when he did those puppy eyes when he was sad or afraid.
Yeah... Nobody wanted to be Friends with such a looser. You don't do Friends in this school, actually.

You do "sqauds."

And it's important to be the Boss or the "servant" of the Boss.

The boss was of course the best student in class, and it was no other than Gene with his pet Brad Tudabone (Who actually really loved to take care of plants and flowers, but nobody should know about his little secret).

The King and the prince of darkness.
Such a childish name but for them it was "cool."

Gene loved it to bully Lloyd. It made him seem strong and intelligent. Lloyd often tried to ignore Gene, but it didn't always work.

 Lloyd often tried to ignore Gene, but it didn't always work

"Hello Greenie!"

Not again.
It was Gene's cringe voice.

It was a nice morning and the students were gathered in the classroom for the next lesson. Gene must have noticed, that Lloyd was day dreaming.

"Now tell me, what did you saw in your dream? Your mind been wandering all morning! Did ya think of your papi? Awww don't cry... I'm sure he didn't wanted to leave you behind like that."

Those words hit very hard.

Every day, Lloyd had to listen to those cruel words. He loved his father more than anything and making jokes about their relationship hurted a lot.
Gene and the others laughed at Lloyd's sad face.

"What a Baby. He is doing it again. Those puppy eyes! Hahaha!"

But before Lloyd could say anything, Gene was interrupted by another male voice. It wasn't a teacher, no, they loved Genes rudeness a lot.

It was... A Boy???

Apparently he was new to the school because Lloyd had never seen him before.

He looked very brave but had those big blue eyes.

Yes... Those ocean eyes.

"Heh... What?" laughed Gene confused and took a huge step towards the new Student.

"You got some nerve. I'm the Boss of this school and you don't tell the Boss to stop? But since you are new here i'm giving you another change-..."

"I don't need a new change, Buddy. I'm not here to take any sides? I'm just warning you. His dad is Lord Garmadon and If you will bully his son... This could end horribly" said the confident young boy and crossed his arms.

 This could end horribly" said the confident young boy and crossed his arms

It was the first time someone dared to talk to Gene like that. Lloyd already admired him a lot.

"Tzz... Like thats gonna happen!" growled Gene and rolled his eyes annoyed. Then he went angrily to his seat.
Lloyd looked over at the new student and was very shy in his presence.

"Thanks..."

"Don't kid. Evil children of villains don't show gratitude. If you go on like this, nobody will take you serious, son of Garmadon."

These were the student's last words and he walked past Lloyd to his seat.

He was different... He was the coolest guy Lloyd ever met. Maybe he and Lloyd could be Friends...?

No that wasn't possible.

This strange Student took the school really serious and only wanted to focus on school.

But maybe... Someone like him could help Lloyd to get better grades?

Or even find Lloyds Father again!

For years Lloyd had been trying to send letters to his father to find out if the great Lord would soon be able to control Ninjago City.

Unfortunately the letters kept came back to Lloyd, because the postman didn't know where a certain Mr. Garmadon could be found.

He was gone and Lloyd didn't wanted to write his Uncle Master Wu some letters.

Just why?... This old dude never cared for him anyway.

The only thing Lloyd knew was that his uncle was currently training a few ninja to protect Ninjago if Garmadon would attack. Nevertheless, the little boy was sure that these 4 teenagers had no change against his father anyway.

Lloyd looked again to the new student in his school.

"Whats his name...? And who are his parents...?"