Part 22 - The fear in your eyes

"L-Lloyd?..."

Harumi felt how her own injured body tortured her soul.
She struggled to look into the dragons hateful eyes thats showed nothing but derision for her pain.

Taylor had mentioned Lloyd's name... Yes.
He had said that the green ninja will be the one who will destroy her.

Sweating, the weak princess tried to say something against the black hearted monster.

Even if right now, he seemed to be so much stronger than her, the boy shouldn't be too sure that someone like Lloyd would help him?

Lloyd's soul was pure, his body filled with light and love. He had a sense of justice and the ninja would see through Taylor's dark side.

"Oh please... You're really think Lloyd would hurt me?"

Despite all her pain, Harumi was sure not to please Taylor. He should see that she wasn't afraid of him. The dragon should understand that Harumi did not care about her wounds or even the fact that she could die because of his cold hands. With a smile on her tired face she wanted show the bloodlusted boy her true strenght.

"He would never!" said the girl with determination. Even If Taylors evil eyes turned her blood cold in her veins, she knew she would never break down in front of him.

The creature had his own reasons for what he did, but it still didn't change the fact that he was a dangerous villain who wanted to destroy her home.

There was a burning desire in her heart to protect the city with her life. But instead of Taylor reacting negatively to Harumi's courage, he just grinned maliciously.

"You are pretty brave, huh? Even If I almost killed you, you still got some nerves to talk to me like that?" laughed the villain amused.

"Gee, you are really something else, your Highness..."

With mockery, he bowed to the young woman. Harumi swallowed down her frustration. Taylors small but muscular body shared nothing but huge disrespect and lust for revenge. He was selfish man.

"Yeah go on! Make fun of me! But your stupid wish will never happen cause Lloyd is a good guy! He would never do something evil!" shouted Harumi convinced.

"Is that so? You're telling me, that the son of Garmadon could never betray ... Uh... How do I say it? Ah right, his "F-R-I-E-N-D-S?" Don't be ridiculous honey. We all know that deep down he is wicked!"

"SHUT UP!"

Rage flowed through Harumi like lava.
She felt a flash of irritation and how the anger beat her heart.

"HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A FRIEND OF LLOYD WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM?! IF YOU HURT HIM I'LL-..."

"Then... What?"

Harumi winced by his words and gasped.
She knew what Taylor wanted to tell her and she didn't like it. It looked like that even Taylor's blue eyes were laughing at her angry reaction.

"Isn't that what you want? Kill Lloyd? You wanted to destroy him... I am not right?" asked the dragon with a grin on his face and walked over to the girl who suddenly felt how much her guilt weighed on her.

"Don't tell me that you suddenly care about him? You never did."

"I- I-..."

Harumi sighed.

"I made many mistakes but- Now I know that I was wrong... I just wanted my family back but If they knew what I did to the green Ninja they would be ashamed... I want my parents to be proud of me!"

Suddenly Taylor took a step back in frustration. His ocean eyes we're wide open and you could see how he started to tremble.

Instantly the boy started to laugh.
"MAKE YOUR PARENTS PROUD? HAHAHAHAHA!"

Harumi didn't recognize the sweet adorable kind boy from before. This Taylor was someone else. This was his true nature.
A Psychopath.

"S-stop laughing... Stop..." begged the princess.

"I'M SORRY. THIS IS JUST TO FUNNY!"

His malicious laugh would haunt Harumi for a long time.

"Hahaha- hehehehe... Oh dear. You almost killed me... But lets focus now and what is important."

He bent down to Harumi and touched her legs. Harumi caught her breath, what the hell was he doing?

"They are still broken... How sad. Maybe If you could walk you would have a change against me? I feel bad for you!"

"I don't need your pity. And I don't need my legs to stop you. Maybe now I'm weaker than my old self but just you wait... I will defeat you!"

"I like how confident you are!" admitted Taylor and stroke her cold cheek again.

"But like I said... This won't be a fight between you and me. Maybe you are right, Lloyd is too good hearted to kill someone. A really Mary sue if you ask me? But not If the oni have the power to change it!"

Harumi couldn't help but look into his eyes. Taylor was dangerously close to her, there was nothing she could do about it.

"Lloyd will be soon one of the onis. You don't have to believe me but it would be pretty stupid If you think that we won't use his powers against the dragons! He is the key to victory!"
Then he let go of her cheeks and got up. The fourth mask was still behind the arrogant boy.

"Oh right! I almost forgot!"

Taylor took the purple glowing object in his hands and proudly showed it to the princess.
"I guess you know what this is?"

Harumi turned and refused to answer Taylor's question. There was another mask... But how?
She knew that these masks were dangerous and that their powers were intended for evil, but that they were destroyed some time ago in Ninjago City.
In addition, all books she read about the Onis indicated that there were only three masks. Not four?
Also you only need three of them to revive someone who evil. For example the mighty Lord Garmadon.

"Hmm? You seem suprised? You didn't know that there we're another mask?"

Taylor looked at the strange mask with admiration.

"I don't blame you. This mask belongs to our king. He didn't want anyone to know of the existence. It is said to be the strongest mask of all three and it is also indestructible! Pretty cool, huh?"

Harumi couldn't believe her ears.

Indestructible?

But how can it be that the onis have such a strong power? Where does this mystical dark object come from?

Harumi's cold hands trembled but she still didn't dare to look at the mask. Just the aura that the thing gave itself was terrifying.

"I see the fear in your eyes, Rumi. Heh... I really wanna know what this baby can do? Shall we test it?"

But before Harumi could react to his horrible idea, Taylor put on the mask and she knew

But before Harumi could react to his horrible idea, Taylor put on the mask and she knew ... that she couldn't escape the trap.