Part 18 - Forgiveness

"So! And this is my room!"

Taylor and Harumi enter a comfortable guest room in a small cabin near Ninjago City. The room had a large soft bed and a window next to it where you could watch the stars at night or the sunrise in the morning.
Of course there was also a small closet  and even a television and phone!
It looked like a typical hotel room.

"Ehhh- I don't understand... Do the ninjas live here too or?-..."

Harumi heard the voices of Lloyd and the others outside the room.
This laughter and also the joy they shared when they talked to eachother.

"Ohh that. Actually... Nobody lives here officially? My friends rented this house to celebrate Nya's and Jay's wedding. It was closer to the city!" answered Taylor the question of the confused princess, who was looking around the room.

"Luckily I met Lloyd at the wedding. He was so friendly and said I could live here for as long as possible! I was looking for an apartment all the time but had no luck..."

Harumi saw Taylor freshly made the bed for her and the window tilted as he spoke.

He looked so young and innocent?
Even if he knew what Harumi did in the past, it didn't seem to bother him at all?

"Me and Lloyd went to the same school by the way! Unfortunately I had to leave after the fourth month... I guess being evil wasn't my style?"

Well... Yeah?
The child was kinda right.
He had such a sweet face and a voice of an angel?
He would definitely have failed to get a "bad guy degree."
He was exactly like Lloyd.

"Alright. You can sleep here!"

Taylor smiled and showed Harumi the freshly made bed.

"Don't worry about me though. I will sleep on the sofa in the living room. And maybe I can even convince Lloyd that you can stay longer? You will surely need more time to find a place to stay!"

Harumi couldn't believe it.
This child was incredibly friendly to her even though she had hurt Lloyd so much?
He was Taylors best friend!
Confused and somewhat shy, Harumi looked deep into Taylor's blue eyes.

"Thank you... I guess..."

Taylor felt that this sentence was meant seriously.
Harumi expressed deep gratitude for his actions, although it was not easy for her.

"I don't know what to say... I'm still asking myself why? Why are you so kind to me? I hurted your best friend so badly..."

Harumi showed remorse and held her tears back

Harumi showed remorse and held her tears back. She noticed how her hand trembled.
"Because... Everyone deserves a second change right?" said Taylor sympathetically and put his hand on her shoulders.
"But the most important thing is that you forgive your mistakes yourself. This is the first step to find your happiness again!"

Harumi gasped and felt a tear roll down her red cheek.

His warm aura made her feel valuable. As if there was still a change for her to no longer feel lonley and empty.

"Forgive myself?- Taylor... I-"

"TAYLOR! WE ARE LATE!"

It was Lloyd's voice that interrupted the moment between those two.

"OH RIGHT- I FORGOT. LLOYD WANTED TO GO TO THE CINEMA WITH ME-"

Taylor quickly ran to his backpack and packed everything he needed for the night.
"Key... Money ... Snacks..."

Then he looked at Harumi who laughed a bit at the little clumsy boy.
Her smile was beautiful and so soft.
It was something Lloyd saw very rarely in Harumi.
Her pure and golden heart!

"You are such an Idiot!" laughed the princess amused and wiped away her tears.

"Your face when you heard Lloyds voice was priceless!"

Her eyes glittered with joy and Taylor started to laugh too.
Harumi was actually so cute...

"Yeah i'm a little rattled... I totally forgot that we wanted to see the movie tonight-"
Then the teenager took his bag and looked at the princess again.

 I totally forgot that we wanted to see the movie tonight-" Then the teenager took his bag and looked at the princess again

"I will be back soon. If you need anything you can all me. My cell phone number is on the desk!"

"Thank you Taylor. For everything."

Harumi gave Taylor a warm smile before he was leaving the small room

"You don't have to thank me, Harumi!" said Taylor gently and closed the door.

Then Harumi was alone in the room.
She sighed a little relieved and tried with all her strenght to get up from her wheelchair to get on the bed.
She laid her broken legs carefully on the cozy blanket and looked at them for a tiny moment.

"I hope the nurse was right and my legs will heal quickly..."

Harumi then lay down slowly on her bed and looked at the ceiling. She had so many thoughts in her head...
Lloyd, Taylor... The accident....
And before she knew it, the poor girl fell asleep.

But unfortunately she didn't notice how an Oni, a monster scratched the window from the room and wanted to go inside.