Timing - Zenistu

In a world of fated meetings and planned love stories, everyone had a mark attached to their body the day they were born. They were small things that looked as though they always belonged there— scattered amongst skin. Some had names of their fated. There were some rare ones with their first words to eachother or the tiny markings that only your soulmate matched.

However, your mark wasn't so special.

You hadn't been blessed with one of the more uncommon and interesting— nor the more attractive or romantic or the lot. Yours was quite simple and one that many had the bases off.

A timer.

On your left hand, there was a timer. Four numbers stared at you, supposedly it was supposed to be slowly flickering every so often. Though, you could never tell. It was quite.. anti climatic compared to your parents, who had their words painted on them. You've learned yourself not to look at your timer everyday, why would you if it never changes? Last time you looked it said that you would be having to wait for 5 years.

That was 5 years ago.

You kind of forgot about it? It sound weird but you weren't all that obsessed with finding your soulmate, yeah, the timer was there but does it mean that just because you're soulmates that you truly love that person?

Like, do you really have to love them?

And, talk to them.

Gosh, like you don't struggle playing Mystic Messenger enough to make sure you don't accident flirt with Zen to get a bad ending.

Just the idea of having to marry some stranger because of the ugly numbers on your hand..

Bleh.

You've seen soulmates fall apart, some just don't fit together like Cupid wants them to. They fall in love with other people and have affairs. Some pairs hate their partners or try to kill them out of sheer anger. It wasn't the prettiest picture.

You actually wanted to live past twenty.

However, you've also seen people who force themselves to be with that person due to society's expectations. They expect you to be happy for the rest of your life because of this mysterious person out there. That stranger.

She wasn't into that.

Nope.

"Oi, [Name]!" Your friend whispered, but like seriously in the middle of a exam..? She's crazy. You shot them a glance before returning to your paper, only to twitch when she threw a rubber at you that hit your head. This bitch.. she's lucky I love her..

"You idiot, you've got to listen..!— Your timer-"

"What did I say about talking?" The teacher spoke, she stood up and walked over to you two, a frown on her face. Her eyes shone in anger when your friend put her hands up, trying to reason with the woman. You sweatdropped nervously, staring at your test paper— trying to block out your friend. She's digging my grave further..!

"Ma'am, you don't understand, her timer is-"

Then, you frowned.

My timer?—-

And just like that, the door slammed open.

You looked up.

There was a yellow-haired boy standing at the entrance to the room, his eyes were a shade darker than his bright locks, you realised as they met yours. He seemed to be around the same height as you, as he grinned boyishly with a cute blush on his face.

You realised he had his hand up, the other pointing at you.

Wait what—-?

"You're my soulmate!"

And the rest is history.