Accident - Zenistu

Just how could a child be so.. curious?

  "How are babies made?" You stared down at the small creature that was your son, mentally cursing at the other benefactor to his existence. Zenistu..! Just how did you get forced to talk about the birds and the bees? The butterflies and the caterpillars. The elephant trunk and the cats..

  There was only one solution:

  "In a factory."

  "Huh?" The boy's face scrunched up in confusion. "What do you mean?"

  "They get made at a factory. No one knows where it is or how they are made."

   "So Sana was make in one?" He thought back to the small toddler that was his little sister, who was staying over at his grandpa's. "That doesn't make sense!— how do they get here?"

   "Birds deliver them." Hikaru's yellow eyes blinked once, his mouth twitching into a pout as he crossed his arms. His yellow hair brushed against his cheeks, reminding you of his father and your husband. "Storks carried you here and dropped you off like a —"

"An Amazon package."

  I was going to say something else but okay.. You nodded at his words dumbly, a little speechless at how he compared himself to the anime figurines that you had delivered over to the house whenever you finished a new series. Nobody else used online shopping in the home. "Yup! Amazon package."

   "Mom, how do women get pregnant?"

    "Ask your father."

     "He's not here." Hikaru frowned at you but didn't stay on the topic, instead throwing another question at you. ".. Momo said her dad got her mom pregnant through hugging."

   "Huh?" What?

    "She said she heard her mom laughing and screaming weirdly.. her dad was groaning like he got hit or something." Hikaru shook his head. "It sounded real weird."

  "Yeah, ignore it."

    "I have another question."

    "Okay— Shoot."

     "Mum, where's Dad?," Hikaru's lips trembled, bright eyes filling with tears that threatened to fall down his cheeks. His nose began to redden as he let out small sniffles, rubbing his eyes softly. "He's been gone for a day now— Has he left—!"

   She put a hand up.

   "Don't worry, he didn't leave for milk."

    Instantly, he relaxed.

    "Oh. Good."

    .

.

.

   "Is it because he got drunk on Monday and gave the cat away?"

   "Yes."

   "I miss Happy."

    "Me too."

....

"Dad?"

"Yes, Hikaru?"

  "Can we get Happy back?"

    "No."

    "...."

     "...."

    "Can I get a dog then?"

   "I'm allergic, we can't be in the same house."

     "You could sleep outside."

....

Zenitsu smiled fondly as his wife snuggled up to him on the family couch, his arm wrapped around her waist as the TV blared loudly. Their little beast— SON— sat infront of them on a small beanbag, snacking on a small tub of popcorn. His five year old was growing so quickly and at moments like this, he wished time would stop.

  "Zenistu." He heard his wife whisper. "I missed you."

   "I-I missed you too, [Name]-chan."

   He watched her lips tilt into a smile and his heart rate just shot up. Their eyes met in an almost teasing, sensual way that made him gulp in anticipation. His collar suddenly felt tight but he couldn't look away, not when he saw blush appear on her cheeks the moment she noticed the utter desire in his eyes.

   He really missed her.

   He couldn't help it.

   "Should we have another baby?.." He found himself whisper to his wife, his other arm reaching over to coil around to grab at her hand, intertwining their fingers together. It had been so long.

"No. We already have one baby."

  They both blinked in shock, eyes shifting to their eldest who continued to much on popcorn and focus on the dancing images of My Last Letter / Sasuke Uchiha.  His father acknowledged that the series was good but there were more important matters to attend to. Like this.

  "But your sister is getting so big. Shouldn't we have another tiny, cuddly baby?"

There's a small moment of silence before Hikaru answers.

.

.

"No, because I can only be mean to Sana, not a baby."

  "Fucks sake.. Shut Up." He wanted to chuck the kid out for the return of the sexual tension he had worked hard to create and then Hikaru's eyes filled with tears—

   "WAH!"

    "It was an accident!"

     "Dad, you were an accident."