Tight smile - Rengoku

Requested by BuddhaChips !

He frowned as (Name) walked down the street with Zenitsu, passing him without a second glance. He knew he asked her for no public displays. I didn't mean for her to take it literally though.

Rengoku felt a tight smile spread across his face. I hadn't asked for her to completely ignore me, either.He turned his head to look over his shoulder at the two-watching as the bright-haired teen took her hands in his and asked her to be his girlfriend, yet again.

His shoulders stiffened as he waited to here her answer, stopping mid step. He watched as she smiled and shook her head.

"Sorry, Zenitsu." He watched a small, apologetic smile spread across her lips gently. Her eyes softened at the sight of her Kohai and he felt the hair on his neck stand on end. "I told you before, I have a boyfriend." (Name) reminded the boy with another smile that made his cheeks turn red.

"Then why ain't he ever with you? What kind of boyfriend never takes his girl on a date or anything?! I don't even see anyone go to visit you at home!" He was nearly screaming now, eyes wide with distress. "(Name)-chan! Don't let him walk all over yo—" The boy nearly screamed, and she frowned at him. My ears hurt.

"He wouldn't use me, he loves me. And I love him."

"B-but—" Zenitsu's lips shook at the upfront rejection and Rengoku could take no more.

He let out a small growl but kept his smile on and stalked over, pulling her into an embrace from behind. His arms wrapped around her waist tightly and head nuzzled into her shoulder. Mine.

He inhaled the scent of his beloved with a barely noticeable smirk, "Missed me?"

She, of course, didn't mind one bit, though she was highly amused he was so easily riled up by the younger boy. As he pulled away, he smiled at the boy. "What were you saying?"

"S-She's got a boyfriend!"

"Who the hell do you think is my boyfriend, idiot."

The blond gaped.