Missing you - Tanjiro

Alone again huh?.. 

A light blanket of snow covered the city as the city lights shone brightly. The sounds of Christmas music filled the air mixing with the bubbly laughter of little children.

In a penthouse apartment in the middle of the city, watched from above as night took over the sky. Lights flickered on in the apartment and a slender figure walks across the room while undoing the tightly made bun on her head. The last pin is removed and her hair cascades down her back in one fluid motion.

Slipping into fluffy warm socks and thick hoodie she grabs a candy cain from a bowl on the counter before stepping onto the balcony. Surrounded by the cool night air breaths life back into her fatigued body. A wistful smile graces her soft face as she stares across the city sky line.

While eating a small piece of the candy cain the sound of the door opening catches her attention. Turning around she is met with a warm embrace. The warmth from him soaks into her body making her tighten her hold on him.

....

"I'm home, (Name)."

...

He's so warm,

she can't help but think.

When was the last time he had come back from a mission..?

...

"I've missed you."

..

He ignores the sting of his back, opting to burrow his face into her hair, savouring the scent of home. His arms tighten around her in contempt, small tears of joy reaching his eyes. He ignores the freshly healed wound on his back, the bruises clinging to his skin like a stubborn bug to fruit.

He ignores it all for her.

..

    "I missed you so much." He gently breaks from her hold and tilts her face up to him. His eyes are so warming, so comforting and she can't help but sigh happily. He's really here..! "It's so hard leaving you.. I've missed you these past months..." He said before kissing her again with more passion than the last time. Breaking away from the kiss he scopes her up into his arm as he takes them back into the room.

  "T-tanjiro!"

    "Are you blushing?~"

    "Shut up!"

    He can't help but chuckle fondly, before laying her on the soft mattress in the bedroom.

  And just like that,

"I love you (Name)."

Was the last thing she hears before pleasure took over her body.