All I Ever Wanted Was The Truth

Louis

My trembling fingers fall from my ears as my eyes flicker around the empty, dimly lit treehouse. 

I'm pressed into the corner with my knees pulled to my chest, blood trickling down my open clammy palms from my nails digging into my flesh. My throat burns as if I've swallowed a million razor-blades and my mind is blank like a fresh white canvas. 

It doesn't take long to realize that he's no longer here with me, though his coat is still tossed in the corner. 

Everything went by in a flash. It was everything at once, but then nothing at all. One moment we were dancing, our lips tangled within one another but was all taken away as screams ripped through me.

I'm not stupid, I know why I lashed out. I'm fully aware of why my mind ripped me from that moment with Harry and took me back to 2 years ago with Nate. Painful memories flooded back, becoming too much too quickly and I just couldn't stop myself. They weren't his hands, but it felt like they were. 

I'll have to explain to Harry what went through my mind, I'll have no choice. What the fuck can I say? "Yeah, I didn't wanna kiss you because you repulse me, so I screamed in your face." There's no lie I could contrive that he'd be gullible enough to believe or one that wouldn't hurt him. The truth will be forced to come out, and I simply don't want it to.

"Son of a bitch." I strike my open palm against the wooden floor, groaning loudly and squeezing my eyes shut. 

I suddenly remember that it's late at night and he isn't here. I wonder if his mum came and picked him up.

 No, he wouldn't do that. Harry wouldn't leave me in the state I was in, he'd stay no matter how many times I screamed. He'd wait until I tired myself out and once I did, he'd be here with open arms to pick up the pieces because he's Harry and that's what he does.

I stand from the floor and wipe the old saw-dust from the seat of my jeans. As I slip on my jacket and pick up his, gathering all of our belongings and making my way to the ladder, I think about how the conversation will go. He'd give me those goddamn puppy eyes and all it would do is anger me. I don't need fucking sympathy, not from him. Not from anyone.

As my foot balances on the first wooden rung, something resting against the rocks below catches my attention from the corner of my eye. "What the hell?" I say, squinting my eyes and focusing on the dark figure laid out on the rocks. 

The air is pulled from my lungs and I nearly fall from the ladder, my eyes widening as my heart drops from my chest. I recognize those brown curls and those tape wrapped shoes anywhere. 

"Oh shit, Harry!" I practically jump from the ladder, ignoring the pain shooting through my foot when I land. I rush over to him and pull him from the few rocks. His head droops lazily and his body lies limply in my arms. His eyes are shut, his lips parted, allowing slow shallow breaths to come through.

"Harry? Baby, wake up." I tap his cheek with my trembling fingers and shake his shoulders, but he doesn't respond in the slightest. My eyes avert to the blood staining the rock that his head rested upon, my hand hesitantly retreating from his cheek and moving his curls to see an open wound with blood slowly flowing out. 

"Shit" I lay him back on the grass and take my jacket off, pressing it to his head because I don't fucking know why, you're just supposed to apply pressure or some shit.

"Alright alright, fuck" I get on my feet but quickly crouch down and hook my arm beneath his legs, using the other to support his upper body. I carry him bridal style throughout the small patch of trees, walking as quickly as I can manage.