Forget The World With Me

So I've considered doing a "songs for this chapter" type of thing. It won't be every chapter, but if I have a certain song/songs in mind while writing a chapter.

Songs for this chapter:

Night Changes- One Direction (music video because that was the inspiration behind this chapter)

Chasing Cars- Sleeping at last cover 

---

Harry

I will never get over the feeling of waking in his arms. For so long, I spent my time praying that I never had to wake up again because it felt like such a chore, and a part of me feels as though I don't deserve the privilege of waking up anymore. But opening my eyes and being met with his thin lips pressed into a soft line and feeling the warmth of his chest pressed to my cheek, gives me a reason to open my eyes in the early hours of the morning.

He mumbles occasionally in his sleep, but that's a secret I like to keep for myself as I smile and listen attentively to the meaningless words that fall from his pink lips while his eyes flutter once every few minutes. 

He doesn't know this, but sometimes I like to trace his tattoos with the pad of my index finger. The fan in my room swirls cool air around the small space, causing chills to raise on his arms, but I like to pretend that the chills are from my fingers exploring his bare skin. I stripped his shirt from him last night due to him being so overheated.

And If I just lay here, tracing my finger over the 78 tattoo below his collarbone, basking in the glow of his tan skin as the morning sun shines through the lace curtains, delicate patterns creating a shadow over his body, well that's nobody's business except my own. 

I didn't hear the soft knock coming from the other side of my door, but my mum appearing in the doorway tore me from my concentrated tattoo tracing. 

"Harry?" She whispers, careful not to wake him "Could you come here for a minute?" I'd rather savor however much time I have left with a sleeping Louis. Last night was the most emotional night we've had in a while, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared of what might happen when he wakes up. Maybe if I hurry, I can get back to him before he wakes. 

Reluctantly, I gently untangle myself from his warm embrace. I was trapped between him and the window, so I made sure to be careful not to wake him as I climb over him as he sleeps peacefully. 

"Yes?" I ask after softly closing the door and following my mum into the living room. 

"I'm running to the diner for about 2 hours. They need extra workers to cover the breakfast rush, so I won't be gone long" She explains as she ties her long black hair into a low bun

"Okay" I meant what I said when I told her that we have nothing to talk about. One day our relationship will be fully mended, but the damage is too great to be fixed by a few "I'm sorry's"

"Also, Gemma's driving up next Thursday, the 20th. She'll be here until new years day." I've completely forgotten that Gemma was coming. She'll probably be angry that I've failed to tell her about Louis, but how could I? We never talk about my personal life. I just hope that they get along.

"Okay," I dryly state once again. We can talk about all of this some other time, right now I have a sleeping boy that I want to cuddle with for a little while longer. 

"Harry, I know that-" 

"Please don't," I beg her. I know where this is going, and I don't want to deal with it right now. Whatever "I'm sorry" speech that she has planned will only upset me.