Wet Eyelashes

A/N You guys are gonna hate me for this BUT I changed my mind about the whole height difference thing. I'm SO INDECISIVE I'M SORRY but when I imagine this story and as I write, I always picture that Harry is shorter than Louis just because it's fetus Harry and OTRA Louis. I just feel like their dynamic will work better if Haz is short. Hope you don't mind too much :)

Chapter 14

Louis

Harry's eyes studied my face carefully, seemingly searching for something that neither of us had any clue what it was. Everything else stopped. I didn't feel all the eyes in the room darting between us, I didn't hear the side conversations taking place between everyone else. Everything else was a blur. Everything except him. 

"Louis?" My mother nudged my arm softly, waking me from my trance and tearing me from Harry's gaze. 

"Yeah?" I ask, feeling a little startled and uneasy

"I asked how'd the girls do at the park?" She questions through a chuckle, stirring a pot on the stove. "They did good. Fizzy did the monkey bars" I reply. I can feel his eyes burning a hole into the side of my face, but I don't dare look up.

"Yeah Mummy! I did it and I didn't even slip off this time!" Fizzy exclaimed, her little hands bunching up the hem of my mum's apron and tugging slightly. "That's great, honeybun" My mum replies sweetly as she looks down at Fizzy, her eyes twinkling with adoration. 

"Louis! It's so nice to see you again!" Anne excitedly exclaims, taking me into a warm hug. "How have you been?" She asks, holding me by the shoulders and taking a look at me. 

"I've been good" I reply, smiling at her excitement. "You guys know each other?" My mum questions, causing me and Anne to turn our attention back to her. "Sure do, he took Harry to work a few weeks ago. Haven't seen him since though" Anne explains before taking a sip of her drink. 

"Oh, so you know Harry?" My mum questions, clearly confused. I answer "Yes" at the same time that Harry answers "No" 

I look over to him once more, but he doesn't meet my gaze. He looks as though he's fighting the urge to look at me. "Well which one is it? Either you know each other or you don't" My mum jokes, setting the table and gesturing toward all of us to come eat. 

"I used to know him. I don't anymore" Harry deadpans as he scoops a serving of potatoes on his plate, his hands shaking as he completes the action. His voice was so bland, so dull. 

"Harry, don't be rude" Anne quietly corrects him, but he doesn't grant her any sort of response, just silence. 

"It's okay, Anne. I know how Louis can be" My mum reassures her as she begins to eat her food. 

"Geez mum, thanks" I sarcastically remark, filling up my sister's plates before tending to mine. "Don't even start, Lou. Why would someone as sweet as Harry just have negative feelings toward you for no reason?" She isn't meaning to sound rude or condescending, but she is. 

"Whatever" I dryly state, rolling my eyes in the process. 

"Who are you?" I look up to see Phoebe poking Harry's pale hand with her fork, the sound of her feet kicking underneath the table fills the room. "'m Harry" He meekly replies, staring down at his plate. 

"Hi Arry!" She exclaims, her mouth filled with roast and potatoes. "Pheebs, please don't talk with your mouth full." My mother warns, making Phoebe nod and swallow her food. "Ahhhh, see? All gone!" She exclaims, sticking her tongue out far to prove her point. 

Dinner went by smoothly. I had to get onto the girls occasionally about finishing their vegetables, but they eventually complied when I threatened to take away their dessert. Anne and my mum conversed the entire dinner, talking about work, family, and all the other shit that women talk about. Harry didn't speak one word throughout the entire dinner. I could tell that he knew when I was looking at him because he would squirm slightly in his seat. He didn't once look at me.