18- Im Going To Marry Her

Becas POV
"I don't what to talk about her." I say sadly going back to my song.
"Why not?" She asked with a serious tone.
"Because she broke my fucking heart!" Beca yelled. "Why the hell would I want to talk about her."
"Okay... fair point. I'll leave you alone. Here's your homework." Stacie said defeated before leaving the room.
—————————————————–
It's been several weeks. I will occasionally go to school but most days she stays in her room. I barley sleep. And the last time I ate was when Stacie was determined to see me eat half a banana. My mental health has taken a scary drop. I don't really talk to anyone ether.
"Okay that's it!" Stacie said coming into my room. "You need to stop moping."
"Why should I?" I say with an empty tone. "There's no point in being happy now."
"Yes Beca there is." Stacie said with pleading eyes
"Yeah? Like what?" I said in a bitter tone.
"Like Chloe!" Stacie screamed finally loosing her cool.
"She said she didn't love me..." I say with all the heartache coming back. "Well more like can't."
"Yeah Beca, that's what she told you." Stacie said in a firm tone. "Do you know what she told me? A couple weeks ago she told me that she was helplessly in love with you. She never told you because she didn't want you to run."
"First off I wouldn't have run-" I say defending myself
"She didn't know that!" Stacie cut me off.
"Second if she actually loved me why would she tell me she's not gay so we have to break up?" I asked with my voice breaking.
"Because... her dad didn't approve of you and you know that." Stacie started off in a sad tone. "He would constantly bring her down and she couldn't take it. She did it because she was scared. But I know for a fact she still loves you."
"Really?" I asked with watery eyes. "She... she loves me?"
Stacie nodded with a small smile playing on her lips. Then I got an idea. Her dad doesn't like me because of my dream job. So I just need to prove myself.
"I need to go." I say quickly putting on my shoes. "Thanks Stacie!"
I quickly run out the door completely ignoring the confused look from my dad. I got in my car and drove straight to the Beale household. I ran up to the front steps and knocked on the door repeatedly. It was soon opened with an annoyed Mr. Beale.
"I'm going to marry your daughter one day whether you like it or not." I say before he could speak. "I love her and you can't change that. I don't care if you don't approve of me or whatever. But when that day comes I'm going to knock on this door and ask for your blessing. I will not ask her unless you say yes but just know if you say no I will come back and ask everyday until you say yes. I know that I don't deserve her and I never will. But I still want to try and give her the world because that's what she deserves. So I will date your daughter even if you hate me I don't care. But I want you to stop making her feel terrible about herself because she is so amazing. I will win her back one day. So prepare yourself for the day I ask to marry her."
"You said that you don't deserve her." Mr. Beale said earning a nod. "Was that just in the heat of the moment it did you mean it?"
"I meant every word I just said." I say less confidently that before.
"Well I have only one thing to say to you..." His stone face suddenly turned into a bright smile much like Chloe's. "Welcome to the Beale family."
Her dad pulled me into a tight hug. I get what Chloe meant now. She's definitely more like her dad. I awkwardly hug him back before he releases me.
"By the way you can call me Charlie." He said in a much brighter tone than before.
     "Wow... It's crazy how similar you and Chloe are." I say still in shock.
     "So how are you going to get Chloe back. I know she's dating this new guy Matt, but I'm pretty sure it's to avoid her feelings for you." He said in a very Chloe like manner.
     "I have a plan." I say smirking. "Oh do you happen to know Chloe's favorite instrument?"
—————————————————–
Chloe's POV
     "Oh my god my life sucks." I say dramatically as I flip onto Aubrey's bed. "May isn't helping me get over Beca any faster."
     "Weird it's like you loved her or anything." Aubrey said half sarcastic and half distracted due to her working on algebra homework.
     "Shut up. I know. It's just... she hates me now Bree. She barley looks at me!" I say as I continued to vent.
     "That's not what I gather." Aubrey said earning a confused look. "You're basically the only thing she does look at."
     "Really?" I ask with my face lighting up. "She still likes me! Bree she still likes me! But what am I going to do about Matt?"
     "Not my problem." Aubrey said going back to her homework.
—————————————————–
Becas POV
     "Okay... I got this." I say jumping up and down. "Just remember the keys and everything should be fine."
     "Alright, can I have everyone's attention please?" Jesse yelled from the front of the cafeteria. "So we have a very special performance from the one and only Becaw Mitchell!"
     "Um thanks Jess." I say awkwardly. "Please just sit down before you embarrass me more."
     "You got it." He said winking before taking his seat next to Chicago.
     Okay... here it goes. I gently start hitting the piano keys with skill.
Walking down 29th and Park
I saw you in another's arms
Only a month we've been apart
You look happier
Saw you walk inside a bar
He said something to make you laugh
I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours
Yeah, you look happier, you do
Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody love you like I do
Promise that I will not take it personal, baby
If you're moving on with someone new
'Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you
     I looked at Chloe directly in Chloe's eyes. I know I had tears in mine but I wasn't expecting them in hers. She was happier... right?
Sat on the corner of the room
Everything's reminding me of you
Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier
Aren't you?
Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody need you like I do
I know that there's others that deserve you
But my darling, I am still in love with you
But I guess you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'd feel it too
I could try to smile to hide the truth
I know I was happier with you
Baby, you look happier, you do
I knew one day you'd fall for someone new
But if he breaks your heart like lovers do
Just know that I'll be waiting here for you
     I finished the song and looked down at my lap. A steady stream of tears were running down my face. I didn't want to face Chloe. I was scared. She has a new boyfriend so really what was the point.
     "Becs..." Chloe said softly. "Beca look at me."
     I slowly move to look her in the eyes. She had tears that had already fallen. She's to pretty to cry.
     "Was is about me?" Chloe asked quietly.
     I gave a small nod before looking down again. This is the part where she rejects me.
     "I'm not happier." Chloe said causing my head to shoot up. "I was happier with you because... because I love you."
     "I love you too." I say gently cupping her cheeks. "Can I kiss you now?"
     Chloe giggled before she nodded and closed the gap between us. I smiled into the kiss. I never knew you could miss someone's touch so much. Chloe is definitely my forever person.
"Don't you have a boyfriend?" I ask quietly.
"Oh shit! Um hi everyone, I just want to say that I am breaking up with Matt." Chloe then smiled and turned to me. "There no boyfriend."
"You are so weird." I say laughing. "Does this mean we're back together?"
"You do realize we just shared our first I love yous and kissed right?" Chloe asked with a playful tone. "I think that means we're back together."
"Good." I said before leaning in to kiss her again. "I love you."
"I love you too." Chloe said smiling. "Now when was the last time you've eaten?"
"That is a very good question." I say nodding.
"That's what I thought. Now let's go get you some much needed lunch." Chloe said standing up and holding her hands out.
"Only for you." I say standing and following Chloe to the lunch line.
—————————————————–
Chloe's POV
     "Okay I know my dad doesn't like you but do you wanna come over?" I asked wrapping my arms around Becas waist.
     "Sure." Beca said surprisingly happy. "That means you can help me study for biology."
     "That is code for making out right?" I asked playfully.
     "Yeah no. I have a big test coming up. Sorry Chlo maybe later." She said winking causing a blush to rise to my cheeks. "Oh look at that your blushing."
     "Shut up." I say quietly looking down to try and hide my warm cheeks.
     "Hey it's cute." Beca said gently lifting my head. "I'll see you after school."
     Beca places a soft kiss on my lips before walking away leaving me flustered.
—————————————————–
     Beca and I drove to my place after school like we planned. It took Beca about fifteen minutes just to find a good radio station. We arrived my house and to say I was nervous was an understatement. My dad is going to flip when he sees Beca. I walk up to the door and open the door and saw my dad sitting on the couch.
     "Beca good to see you again." My dad said with his normal smile.
     "Sup Charlie." Beca said casually sitting next to him. "What ya reading?"
     "I'm reading a biography about Alexander Hamilton." He said showing her the cover.
     "I'm sorry but when did this happen?" I asked pointing between my dad and girlfriend. "I thought you hated her."
     "Well yesterday Beca came by and gave a nice speech about how sh-" Beca immediately covered his mouth before he could finish his thought.
     "I came and told him that I love you." Beca said quickly. She seemed nervous. "Um where's the bathroom?"
     "Down the hall first door on the left." I say smiling as she walked away. "So what was the rest of your sentence?"
     "She gave a small speech about how one day she was going to marry you." He said like it was no big deal.
     "What?!" I screamed. "She wants to marry me! Oh my god."
     "You good Chlo?" Beca asked after a few minutes of watching me pace around the room.
     "Yeah... I'm fine." I say calming down. "Let's go to my room so you can study."
     "Are you sure your okay?" Beca asked once we got into my room.
     "Yeah my dad just told me something surprising." I say sitting on my bed.
     "Good surprising or bad surprising?" Beca asked pulling out her books.
     "Good surprising." I say softly smiling at the news.
     "Okay." Beca gave me a soft kiss. Let's just say Beca didn't do a lot of studying like planned.