We can't be friends pt.4 (Pic of Rico)

I sat on the couch watching TV wondering if Omari would be okay. Today was sunday and I still hadn't heard from him yet. I had even turned on the news, just in case but I was hoping to hear something even if it was bad. I couldn't stand not knowing what was going on.

 "What are you doing?" Floated over my shoulder. I turned in my seat to see my mom standing there with her hand on her hip.

"What you mean?" I looked at her in confusion. I wasn't doing nothing but sitting here minding my business. I wasn't really in the mood for her comments so she needed to mind hers.

"You been sitting there moping around all day. What you ain't got nothing to do? Go clean that bathroom. That ain't been done yet." God here she go. Getting on my nerves. I love her to death but she better back up 'for I snap.

"Omari's missing." Simple words. I turned my back on her and finished watching the news. I heard her walk off and I sighed in relief. I was bored as hell and I didn't have nobody to really hang out with. I had friends but they was mostly Omari's friends because I ain't really bang with girls like that. They were too sneaky and shit. I eventually fell asleep with the TV on.

****

"Get up!" I heard my mom shout. I woke up to see that I was still on the couch. Dang she couldn't wake me up?

"Mom why you ain't wake me up?" I asked kinda pissed. My neck hurting and shit from sleeping on the couch. I rubbed my neck as I glared at her.

"What I look like? Ya keeper? Now get up and get ready to go to school." She walked into the kitchen as I went upstairs to get a shower. I really couldn't be bothered cause I just wanted to get in I bed and go back to sleep but I wanted to see if Omari came in. And anyway not with my mom breathing down my neck like that. Please! I ain't beat!

I just threw on light denim washed jeans, a black polo, and my black polo boots. I walked down to the kitchen to get some breakfast. My mom was in my ear the whole time. She could really switch sometimes, boy. One minute she all wanna be best friends with me and the next she tryna tell me what to do! I just rolled my eyes and grabbed my leather jacket and started walking to school.

"Yo!" I shouted when I saw Omari's friends- Jordan, kieran, harlem, and juwan -standing near the door. I walked up to them and gave them each a hug. "Where Omari at?" I asked. They all gave each other a look before shrugging. I stared them hard cause I knew they were lying. They looked away and started their conversation but you could still feel the tension in the air. They might have been my friends too but they were Omari's friends first.

Therefore they weren't selling him out. I shook my head and walked away from them. "Where you going?" Harlem asked.

"Mind yours, please." I shouted over my shoulder. I was pissed that they weren't telling me nothing. Couldn't they see that I was worried about him?

The day was a blur and I ain't really pay attention to nothing that went on. My mind was preoccupied with thought of Omari. Where the hell was that boy at. The bell to 9th period rung and I hopped out my seat and started walking towards the door.

The boys were all standing there again. I walked passed like I ain't see them and started for my house. "So you don't see us yeah?" They ain't wanna help me so they gets disregarded. "Say no more."

I got the shock of my life when I got home to see Omari sitting on my front steps. He had a little bandage above his eyebrow. Not the one with the piercing. It was a Little red patch on it. I threw myself at him hugging him around his neck.

"I see you missed me." He chuckled lightly.

"Hell yeah!" Now that he was okay I was about to lay his ass out. " Where the hell have you been?" He sighed and put his face in the crook of my neck. "I knew it was coming." He mumbled.

"Yeah well something better be 'coming' out ya mouth in the next five seconds." He lifted his head and smirked before getting his serious face on.

"Ite you memba Rico right?" I nodded. "Well I told you he was bad news. That's still my boy though, and I got his back. So somethin' jumped off with some niggas in the park and one of my other dudes got shanked."

"So you went to fight?" I looked at him disapprovingly. He put his head down ashamed. I told him to leave them no good ass dudes alone. He don't listen. He nodded.

"I couldn't just leave them, you know? And Kieran, Juwan, Jordan and Harlem don't get along with them. So I couldn't ask them to help Rico." I nodded like I understood but didn't. "Whatever you know what imma say. Let's just go in the house." Every time he got caught up in some beef that wasn't his I lectured him about it. All this shit is gonna come back and bite him in the ass one day.

"Mom, look!" I yelled out when I stepped in the house. She came out the kitchen with a smile. See there she go with the switchin again. Now she happy. "I found Omari."

"Nah I found you though."

"Whatever nigga." I laughed.

My mom smirked and said "Well I see you happy again. You shoulda saw the way she was goin on like it was the end of the world." My mom really got on my nerves sometimes.

"It was the end of the world. Something coulda happened to my bestie." I rolled my eyed at her and grabbed his hand to take him up to my room. We flopped on the bed and silently stared into each others eyes. Suddenly he leaned in and gave me a peck.

My eyes widened in shock as I brought my hand up to my mouth. He watched my reaction before grabbing my hand and removing it. He leaned forward again and kissed me longer this time. I kissed him back slipping my tongue into his mouth.

 I broke away gasping. "I'm glad you're okay." He nodded and pulled me back up against him and kissed me.

I can't believe I'm kissing my bestie!