We Can't Be Friends pt.19

"Okay," The guy panted and his breath came out white.

"What do you wanna know?"

I held up a hand before Jordan could speak anymore.

"Turn the heater on first. Y'all might now want him to be comfortable but I wanna be, and we ain't doing shit until I am." Jordan clenched his jaw and glared at me. I shook my head at him. "Well? Is the heat getting turned on or what?"

He turned to Kieran. "Man just turn the heat on please." 

Kieran jogged off to go do that and Jordan turned his attention back to the guy in the chair. "Now back on topic. Where's Rico?"

"I really don't know." Jordan punched him in the jaw. 

"Now I'mma ask again. Where's Rico?" The guy spat out blood before he looked back up at Jordan shaking his head.

"I don't know." Jordan punched him again. His head snapped to the side before I stepped up to stop him.

"Wait let me ask something." Jordan stepped back easily to my surprise. 

"Do you know Rico at all?" I asked. He looked relieved to be asked something that he could answer.

"Yeah me and him went to school together before I graduated."

"Y'all still hang out now?"

"Yeah the last time I saw him was like two weeks ago. He said he was leaving or something like that."

"To where?"

"He didn't say. We not that close for him to tell me something like that." He looked at me pleadingly. I actually believed him. He looked scared as shit sitting down here with all of us surrounding him. And he was looking to me for help because I was the only one showing him some kindness.

"I don't believe this nigga." Jordan spat and started walking towards him ready to hit him again. I stepped in his way and blocked him.

"What you doing?" He stared down at me in confusion.

"I honestly think he's telling the truth this time. Look at him. " We both turned to look at the wide eyed boy staring at us.

"How do you know that though?" He spat.

"I just do." I snapped back. "Let him go."

Jordan stared at me for a minute before walking around me. "Cool," He said quietly. "But not without a warning." He abruptly leaned forward and snatched the front of the boys shirt up. "You better not say shit or else when I find your ass...I'mma just stop at that. You already know what's gonna happen if I find you. Simple as." He let go of the boy and then punched him again. "Kieran untie him."