School Festival

Eri moments sooooooo

"I cannot believe I've been roped into this." Dabi said, rather annoyed about the current situation. The two fire users were currently slipping through the wood near UA to get to the sports festival. Both wore strong scent blockers to combat the hound dog hero's smelling quirk. Hotaru wore her old school uniform and wig while Dabi had on a coat with a high collar and gloves. He stayed in the shadows while Hotaru looked for Eri.

Hotaru had been discretely watching the girl's progress from the shadows, and heard that Mirio was taking her to the festival. One game of poker later and Dabi was along for the ride on an 'ioweyousoicankeepmymoney'.

Once Hotaru spotted Eri slipped into a nearby alley. A little spark of flames was sent of to get the girl's attention. Hotaru slipped off the wig and motioned for the young girl to come over. Mirio knew something was up when Eri formed a huge smile and slipped out of his grasp. Mirio ran after the girl as she slipped into the alleyway. He walked in to see Eri jump into the arms of a familiar duel colored haired girl.

"Look, I'll let you get out of here free if you just give Eri back now." Mirio said, trying his best to not be afraid of the potentially deadly fire user in front of him while he was quirkless.

"I don't think so." Another figure dropped down behind Mirio. He turned to see the slightly psychopathic smirk of Dabi. "I didn't lose a game of poker just to be dragged around babysitting. You're my hostage for the hour."

Mirio didn't put up a poor fight against Dabi, but his hand to hand was relied heavily on his quirk, which was very much not there. So he was forcibly taken into the forest with the other three.

"Eri I wanna show you a cool knew song." Hotaru said with a smile. She began to sing 'Fireflies' by Owl City. The forest around them began to light up with the glowing bugs. Eri looked around in awe. It was a beautiful sight. The mid-afternoon light seeping through the trees as the fireflies. After the songs Hotaru wrapped Eri into a big hug.

"Why didn't you just take her?" Mirio blurted out.

"What?" Hotaru looked up at him.

"You had the chance to take Eri with you, and you didn't" Mirio asked.

"Does Dabi look child-friendly to you?" Hotaru replied, turning back to Eri.

"I'd be offended, but I feel like it's more of a compliment to my villain status." Dabi said with a short laugh.

"Say they guy that spent two nights hunting down a random alpha that cat-called me." Hotaru said, rolling her eyes. "Or what about the infamous club incident. You burnt the whole place down when you found out the strippers were underage."

"Shhhhhh, they can't know I'm a softy." Dabi replied with a wink.

"H-hotaru-san?" the conversation was interrupted by Eri looking up at Hotaru in the way only a cute little girl could.

"Yes Eri?" Hotaru said, looking down at Eri with her omega instincts kicking into high gear.

"Can you heal Mirio-sama? H-his quirk got erased." she said quietly.

"I don't think I can do it Eri. I'm not sure if the quirk is damaged or gone for good, and I'm also not entirely practiced with the healing part of my quirk yet..." Hotaru replied nervously.

"I-I overheard them when they talked about it. Th- It-- It's just damaged badly. The older ones they made were reversable, but - but I.." Eri began to cry. Remembering that place again.

"Shhhh. It's ok." Hotaru pulled Eri closer, releasing calming pheromones that allowed the girl to settle some. "I'll give it a try."

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

The song was slow and calm. Hotaru kneeled and closed her eyes as it began. As she sang white tendrils seeped out of the plants around them leaving them cracked and dying. 

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

They began to swirl around and combine, floating towards Mirio. He suddenly felt very tired and began to pass out.

Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby even when the musics gone, gone

The ball unwound itself, the light surrounding Mirio's boday as Dabi dropped him to the ground. He had half the mind to run away, but Mirio honestly wanted to see where this was going.

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

"We haven't checked over there yet!" the loud voice of Present Mic rang out.

"Ummm Hotaru. We gotta book it real soon." Dabi said, sparks crackling at his palms. "As much as I'd like to burn this place to the ground, I think there are a few too many heroes to do that." All Dabi received in response was a grunt of acknowledgement from Hotaru.e

Just close your eyes, you'll be alright
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Mirio's quirk activated slowly across his body. It had almost sunk all the way through the ground when Present Mic and the other staff arrived. After waking the student up he explained what happened, but there was no sign of either Dabi or Hotaru. Just as the had come they were gone again.