Like It Was Fate

Trigger Warning!!!! attempted RAPE!! Please do not read if you are a victim, or in general have a sensitivity to that kind of stuff.

It was a perfectly normal day. 

That's how all of the stories go.

Hotaru was walking across campus when two third year boys walked up to her. 

"Hey you're Hotaru Todoroki right? From the festival?" one asked.

"Yeah, what's it to you?" Hotaru replied, obviously not wanting to deal with them.

"We both have similar fire quirks to you! We were wondering if you could teach us some of your stuff!" the other said.

"Fine, but only five minutes." Hotaru said. She needed to get good with some of the older kids if she wanted a good work-study recommendation anyway. But, she got more suspicious as they led her down a narrow alleyway on the edge of school.

Suddenly, Hotaru began to feel really light headed. He legs crumbled beneath her and she felt really hot.

"My quirk's pretty cool right? I can phase change any liquid into a gas." one said 

"That would include this lovely combination I made last night with my quirk Mixer. I can combine any material to make another as long as I know the chemical reactions." the other jeered. Shivers creeped down Hotaru's spine as she felt hands touching her. It was terrifying. Words couldn't describe it.

"So you are the first year omega? This'll teach you not to be a hero." the gas one said.

If you skipped the last part you can begin here :)

Meanwhile, Dabi had been watching Hotaru and the two boys, and he wasn't too happy when they left his sight. It would take him a moment to break in without the alarm system going off, but he just had this hunch something was wrong. The blast of fire he heard was confirmation of his suspicions.

But when he turned the corner, well it wasn't exactly what he expected.

Hotaru was curled up, crying. Her shirt had been thrown aside, but otherwise her clothes were intact. Beside her there were two piles of ashes on the ground. And well, needless to say, Dabi knew cremation when he saw it. 

He walked over to Hotaru. She was spilling out tears and hyperventilating like crazy. The words 'Why me?' kept slipping out of her mouth. Hotaru hadn't even noticed Dabi's presence until he gently place his leather coat on top of her. Her face twisted in fear as she turned to see him.

"N-no p-p-please don't--- don't..." she began but was cut off when Dabi grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. 

"It's gonna be okay." he said softly. Hotaru slowly began to sink into his arms, not having the strength to fight back.

"I-I killed some- someone." she stuttered and began to cry. I d-d-didn't mean too. I was-- I was j-just scared."

"It's okay. They deserved it." Dabi said softly.

"You remind me of someone I knew once." she said softly. "They tried to help me, but it was pointless in the end." Dabi nearly broke down. She remembered how he tried to help her, but only felt bad about what happened.

Just then, he heard footsteps. 

"Yeah, I was told two third-years with previous conduct issues had lured her away." It was Aizawa speaking. "Mhm, yes I'm checking it out now."

Aizawa turned the corner to see Dabi holding Hotaru's now limp body and two piles of ash.

"Get the hell away from my student." He growled, readying his binding clothes.

"I'm not the once she needs protection from." Dabi said, attempting to go monotone but slipping at the end. Aizawa could tell there was something off with the whole situation, but his first objective would be getting Hotaru out fo there.

"Perhaps you could use some assitance?" 

A dark shadow appeared behind Dabi, sucking him up along with Hotaru.

Sorry this is so short and also for the cliffhanger...