Academy

"No way." Revali muttered as he held the letter in his hand, the royal family insignia was pressed in wax on the sealed paper. Link raised an eyebrow at his boyfriend as they sat on the ground in the currently being rebuilt throne room. Teba rolled his eyes as Mipha leaned against him, her back pressed against his. Urbosa sat on one of the steps, her eyes glued to the letter in the Rito's hand. Daruk sat at her side with a large smile on his face, and Zelda stood on her feet waiting for the man's reaction to the item. In front of the Rito's feet sat his bags and his boarding pass was alerting him on his phone in his pocket. His flight was soon, he needed to get to the airport, but the letter captured his entire attention.

"It's not going to bite you." Teba chuckled as Mipha elbowed him in the side getting a whimper to escape the knight. "Why do you always hurt me?"

"Because that's what a good girlfriend does." Mipha responds with a flash of a smile.

"Open it." Zelda urges as Revali casts a glance to the princess who is standing above him.

"What if I get kicked out? What if I'm not allowed to come back, because I caused the beginning of the apocalypse. What if-"

"Revali, we all know what it is. So either you're going to open it or I am." Urbosa snapped her patience running thin. Revali mumbled something under his breath about her being rude before he peeled at the wax seal. He pushed open the flap as he felt the small amount of excitement radiate through the group around him, before he pulled out the letter. He could feel his heart racing, but he didn't know why as he unfolded the paper. His eyes scanned the paper as he tried to fully comprehend what it was saying but his mind wasn't understanding.

"So?" Zelda asked from where she stood a small smile on her face.

"You guys want me at the academy but why? I almost caused the apocalypse."

"You caused nothing, you helped us prevent it. You had no formal training and yet you were able to hold your own." Zelda informed Revali bit his lip thinking.

"I had a little help." Revali admitted.

"That's okay. We all kind of did." Daruk laughed.

"Well... I guess I don't have a flight to catch." Revali beamed as he looked up at the princess as she clapped her hand.

"Welcome Revali, the first ever loftwing knight." Zelda said with a bow. Urbosa chuckled at the statement as Link couldn't help but smile at his boyfriend's title.

"So how long until I graduate?"

"With your skill? You'll probably graduate before I'm crowned." Zelda answered.

"That's a pretty tall expectation." Revali muttered.

"That's why you can fly, so you can get over them." Link responded only to get a hit to the shoulder from the Rito. "Hey, I'm telling the truth... Now." Link said as he got to his feet as a worker walked past the group of soldiers.

"We are already going?" Revali asked as he pushed himself up.

"I'll take your stuff to your new room." Daruk said as he grabbed the two bags. "You'll need to return to Rito to get the rest I guess." Revali nodded. Zelda smiled as she waved to the two as they left. Medoh chirped as he landed outside of the massive hole in the castle.

"Your first day will be next week!" Zelda shouted after as Revali gave a thumbs up. That was enough time for them to get to Rito and back with all his things. Revali hauled himself onto the loftwings back before pulling Link up after. With a small click of his tongue, the bird was off into the air and the silence overcame the two.

"You happy?" Link asked once they reached their gliding level. Revali thought for a moment, as he ran that question through his head. Was he happy? The past few days had been a blur, a mixture of interviews and celebrations. He was awarded a medal for bravery, and a feast in his and the others honor. It was strange. His parents came the other day, their tears enough to make him rethink what he had done and the fact that he could have died multiple times that day. He was so lucky, in every sense of the word and it hit him hard. What if something had gone wrong, what if he hadn't survived the battle? What if he was another casualty that was announced over the television last night? But here he was, breathing and now soon he was going to be thriving.

His fingers tightened around Medoh's feathers as the bird chirped, breaking him from his thoughts. Snow covered mountains covered the distance and the scent of pines filled the air. A beat of wings sounded as he gazed over as blue wings came into view. Emerald eyes met his, as the Rito smirked. "We survived."

"Yes." Revali admitted as he ordered Medoh downwards as the hospital came into view and the bird pulled up before landing in front of the entrance. Link slipped off the loftwings back as Revali followed after, a soft coo escaping the bird's beak before they stepped away and entered the hospital. No one bothered the two as they made their way up to the third floor, each step echoing. They didn't need to speak as they walked side by side, their hands interlocked as they walked with purpose. Coming up to room 312, Revali stopped as Link pulled his hand free, placing a kiss on his boyfriend's cheek before stepping inside the closed door.

Silence, wrapped through the hall as he leaned up against the wall. The cold white stone, rubbed against his sweatshirt as he stared down at his shoes. He would have preferred to sit in silence, basking in the quiet for a bit longer before loud footsteps approached. Revali blinked up as the steps stopped in front of him, and he met the dark eyes of someone he thought he wouldn't see again.

"Why are you here?" Revali hissed as he felt his anger rising. Harth bit his lip as he rubbed at the back of his neck.

"I..." He huffed a breath, "I came to apologize for the way I acted before."

"How'd you find us?"

"The news." Harth informed as Revali cursed the stupid station for giving him an idea.

"It's in the past now. I don't know what was you and what was that magic." Revali admitted.

"Can we... as weird as this sounds... start over..." Revali raised an eyebrow at the statement as Harth gave him pleading eyes.

"Start over?"

"You know, like... forget everything from before."

"You made my life hell, so excuse me for not believing you." Revali snapped as he crossed his arms.

"Come on Rev, level with me."

"Level with you? Level with you! No, how about you leave before I call the police on you." Revali growled.

"I'm trying to be nice." Harth stated as Revali felt a cold chill wrap around his back. The pull of his past life wanting to come out again as it had that day on the battlefield.

"Nice?" Revali's eyes glowed the emerald coloring growing brighter as he felt a faint smirk form on his lips. "Nice, I don't think you've ever heard of the term. Or was the abuse you spewed at me in high school your way of making friends. I mean, even your 'friends' were afraid of you, Harth. I don't think you'll ever understand the meaning of that word. So how about you back off before we have an issue." Revali spat as his eyes returned to normal. Harth shuffled on his feet, and opened his mouth a few times nothing coming out before finally turning and leaving.

"Thank you." Revali muttered as a small laugh echoed in his mind.

If you need anything else, you know where to find me.