Chapter 38

Happy Thanksgiving, lovelies!

Chapter 38:

~ One Day Later ~ 

"Put it down," I demanded, refusing to let myself show that I was afraid. A chuckle came out of the offender's lips. I continued to glare at him, not letting my eyes wander to the tip of the gun.

"You think a simple 'put it down' is going to make me drop it? You wish," the voice laughed gleefully, the gun getting closer to me.

"You're going to regret this. You really don't want to do this," I tried to discuss it with the guy standing in front of me. 

"You bet I do. I need to get revenge on all of the things you've done to me," he laughed. His finger pressed farther down the trigger and I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact. 

A little nerf pellet pelted against my stomach. My eyes flew open as I stared straight into cobalt blue eyes. "This means war, Niall James Horan."

A familiar flash of brown hair ran past me, grabbing my hand and dragging me away. 

"That's no fair!" Niall yelled after Josh and I. "Fine! Liam, Zayn and I are going to beat your arses!"

"So what? I got Harry and Louis!" I called out with a laugh. Josh didn't let go of me as we searched for a nice hiding spot.

"Okay, here's the plan. Zayn is hiding behind the drums and Liam is under the stage." Josh said once we were crouched down, hiding behind a door.

"How is he under the stage?" I whispered with interest.

"It's hallow underneath. So.. Since Niall is openly running around, he'll be easiest to take out."

"Harry said he'd take care of Liam. Louis said he'd get Zayn, but I don't really trust him on that. So we'll get Niall and then give reinforcement, since Zayn will be tricky." I gave him the rundown.

"Sounds perfect. Niall won't know what hit him," He grinned as I clicked my nerf gun. "Shh, I hear him.." 

Josh put a finger to his lips to signal silence.

"Brook, Josh. I'm going to find you!" Niall called out, his voice right outside the door. 

Josh counted down on his fingers, 3. 2. 1.