Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

"We have to tell Niall, you know that right?" Josh said after a silence. I lifted my head off his shoulder to make a face at him.

"Why can't we just blame it on me being extremely drunk?" I pouted, lips turning downwards. Josh raised an eyebrow at me. I let out a sigh, "Fine, we'll tell him."

This was going to go well. Hey, Niall. So I kissed Josh after I got drunk because I was wondering what it would be like. I'm pretty positive I don't like him anymore, I actually truly think I'm falling for you. So don't worry, it didn't mean anything. I was drunk.

"Let's get you some Advil and water, then we'll take you to find that boyfriend of yours." Josh slid out of the bed before offering his hand to me. 

I took it and together we headed out into the hall. My mind was overwhelmed with thoughts as we trekked to the kitchen. Silence settled over us like a comfortable jacket, it wasn't at all awkward.

"Good morning! Or afternoon, really. You had a interesting night, aye Brook?" Louis was in the kitchen, a glass of water and two pills extended towards me.

I snagged them from him while wincing at how loud his voice was. "Shut up. The party was a horrible idea." 

"I had a brilliant time." Louis teased before reaching over and ruffling up my hair a bit. I heard Josh chuckle from beside us. "Anyways, Jules and I are heading out for lunch. See you in a bit, Harry's coming over tonight for dinner. We're grilling."

I nodded in acknowledgement before ruffling through the cupboards for something to fill my empty stomach.

"Strawberry pop tarts are top shelf to the right." Louis said over his shoulder before waltzing out of the room. 

I immediately reached up and grabbed the box, a smile spread across my face as I tore open the foil and put them into the toaster.

"Alright, pop tarts make you happy. I'll remember that." Josh nodded with amusement in his eyes. I stuck out my tongue momentarily at him, but didn't bother replying.

Two pop tarts, a burnt tongue and a few Advil later.. Josh and I were traipsing outside towards Niall's flat. My fingers were tapping against my leg nervously. Josh noticed and placed a supporting hand on my shoulder while his other hand knocked on the wooden door.

"Uh, hey." Niall raised an eyebrow at our unannounced visit. I smiled awkwardly at him.

"Hey, mate. Can we come in?" Josh said calmly, his voice sturdy. Niall nodded, pushing the door open a bit more.

His hair was flat against his forehead, the blonde mixed with brown. He had obviously just woken up. Niall directed us into his living room, his hands motioning to take a seat. I perched myself on the edge of one of his chairs, while Niall settled on the couch and Josh collapsed next to him.