Chapter 30

Chapter 30:

I stood in front of the mirror, trying to decide if this was the right dress or not. A soft knock sounded on the door and I immediately granted access. Juliet came in and lent against the wall, arms crossed as she examined my outfit.

"Adore this dress, it's absolutely adorable. You'll have to let me borrow it sometime," she stated after a minute.

"Do you think Niall will like it?" I hesitated, fingering the material with doubt.

"What I know is that Niall likes you, I honestly don't think it'll matter what you wear. You're a beautiful, somewhat confident, girl. Own it!" Juliet said, taking a few steps over to me so she could hug me. 

"I just, I feel like Niall is such a perfect boy. He's the perfect prince. He's immature and slightly perverted sometimes, but truly, he's an absolute gem. Lately I've been feeling like I just don't deserve him, you know? He's this huge, well-known popstar with a huge heart, a caring spirit and he honestly treats me like a princess. I don't deserve it, especially with everything I've put him through the past four months. What, with not knowing, not talking to him, kissing Josh, practically ditching him after finding out we almost had a baby together.. It's like I've done horrible things to him and he takes it all with a smile. He'll press a kiss to my forehead or cheek and tell me it's okay, that he loves me. I just don't deserve it, but I'm trying.." I ranted, practically collapsing onto my bed, trying to squeeze my eyes so the tears wouldn't spill over.

"Oh, Brook," Juliet said sadly, pulling me into a hug. I leaned into her shoulder, refusing to let even one tear shed. "You need to talk to Niall about this. He has plenty of flaws, believe me. He's not taking this as easily as he'd like you to believe, I've gotten an earful from Louis about how he got an earful from Niall. He's really understanding and doesn't want to overwhelm you, or scare you away. That's why he's been so sweet, not that he wasn't sweet before. You need to talk to him about this, believe me, I think it'll help." Juliet soothed, her hand rubbing comfortably on my back.

"I have to finish getting ready.. I'll talk to him tonight, I promise." I smiled weakly, trying hard to keep myself from crumbling.

"I'll help you. I can curl your hair? I have a new style I want to try out," Juliet jumped off the bed, offering her hand to me. I took it and let her lead me to a stool in the corner of the guest room. Immediately she plugged in the curling iron and looked down at me, a small smirk on her face as she started separating my sandy brown hair into different sections. "Niall won't even know what hit him."

~*~*~

"He's in the living room with Louis, you might want to hurry, I think Louis might be going big brother on him." Juliet warned, shooing me out of the room. With a hurried thank you, I bolted out of the room and straight into the living room. And straight into Niall. Literally. Straight into Niall. My forehead connected with his chest, almost knocking him off his feet.