Chapter 27

Author's Note:

Follow my Twitter! @MyHeartsMistake :)

Chapter 27:

~'~'~Three Days Later~'~'~

"Josh! I ha- Uh, hello." I stammered out awkwardly as my eyes landed on the curly haired blonde girl in front of me. 

She smiled at me, revealing a row of perfectly white teeth. "Hey."

"Brook!" Josh appeared out of the kitchen door. His eyes landed on the CD in my hands. "Oh, thanks for bringing it back. Did you like it?"

"Yeah, Parachute is an incredible band. I'm very impressed. Thanks for the loan," I responded. He nodded and a short, awkward silence ensued. 

My eyes landed on the blonde, who was looking at Josh, who was looking at me.

"By the way, Brook.. This is Lilly Adrian. She's my best friend," Josh explained, motioning towards her.

"Known him since we were seven. Way before the One Direction days," Lilly grinned, a twinkle in her eye as she gazed at the dusty haired drummer.

Something sparked up inside me. It wasn't jealousness and I couldn't quite put a finger to what it was, but I knew I didn't like it.

"When I joined One Direction, we lost contact. But since she's in London for a bit, we decided to catch up," Josh further explained, seeming as if he was coming up with excuses.

"We're going to be late for our reservations if we don't leave soon," Lilly spoke up with a glance down towards her watch.

Josh nodded, "Sorry to be leaving. You can stay here if you want, there's pizza in the freezer."

"Oh gosh, pizza, exact same Josh I remember," miss white blondie spoke up and something about the way she said it made my blood boil.

"I think I'm good, I'll head over to Harry's for a cuppa," I smiled my thanks to Josh, "I'll see you later, if we're still on for a movie tonight..?"

"Definitely! I'm dropping Lilly off at her hotel after lunch. I'll text you," Josh said before giving me a side hug. I smiled up at him, controlling myself and not sending Lilly a smug grin.

"See you later," I waved at them before letting myself out of his flat. I pulled out my phone while I started back towards the boys flat complex.