Chapter 33

Chapter 33:

The moments of ignoring Josh had grown in the past week of touring.  Four times awkwardness ensued.. The week was ending and my excuse of "pmsing" had expired. Let's have a recap of the past week's most awkward moments, shall we?

~ 1 ~

The first venue, the first show. It was all tonight. I was so excited for the boys, it was their first arena headlining tour. It was everything they had worked for. I walked down the empty hall to their dressing room, the present I had for each of the boys hidden away in the bag slung over my shoulder.

"Wait up, Brook!" A familiar voice called out and I stopped dead in my tracks. Excuses ran through my head as the muscular drummer caught up to me.

"Oh, uh, hi Josh." I said as he fell into step with me. We kept walking and I refused to look over.

"You okay? You've been acting a bit weird lately," Josh raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, just uh, lady things. Look, I gotta go. Um, catch up with you later, yeah?" I turned to him, feeling slightly apologetic. He gave me a confused look, but I turned and practically ran towards the boys dressing room.

~ 2 ~

"I'm going to dinner tonight, you in?" Josh asked me as we waited for the boys to wrap up for the second concert. I turned to him and shrugged.

"I'm not really in the mood, I'm sorry.." I turned away and refused to meet eyes with him. Which was made a bit difficult when he caught my arm and practically forced me to look straight at him.

"What's been eating you? I thought we were friends?" Josh sounded hurt.

"We are, Josh. I'm sorry. It's just.. You know. That time of month. I'm just going to be in a pissy mood the next few days. I'm sorry.." With a forced smile, I used the excuse.

"If you need me to go on any chocolate runs, let me know, okay?" He offered with a wink.

I agreed with a laugh, but I was flooded with guilt.

~ 3 ~