Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

The mafia ball day

"you know John, right" Mirna stated, "yeah, he's the guy we're trading drugs with" Mariano responded. "Well since Mattia is big in this state a lot of people know about you," Mirna said pointing at y/n. "And everybody thinks your dead so if anybody asks you anything about Mattia deny it" she added.

"Now go get dressed", y/n took a deep breath and started walking back to her room.

She wore a red short skin tight dress that showed her curves. She looked in the mirror and put some red lipstick on, "deny, deny, deny", she muttered under her breath.

She walked out of her room and saw Mariano waiting for her, she smiled, "ready to go" she asked, "yeah" Mariano said in response.

-

"Hold her hand", Mirna whispered into the little microphone in their ear. Mariano grabbed y/n's hands and the doors to the mafia ball opened.

Whispers were heard from everybody angle in the room. "Ignore it" Mirna stated, "let's go to Jack" Marino whispered to y/n. Y/n nodded her head in response while fixing her hair so she could look presentable.

They made their way to jack and saw him talking to a lady. Once he saw Mariano and y/n he told the lady something and she left. "Mariano!", Jack yelled, "it's nice to see you again" Mariano responded.

"And what's her name", jack questioned while pointing at y/n. "Y/n", Mariano responded, "MARIANO!, why didn't you make up a fake name", Mirna yelled through the microphone.

Mariano scoffed under his breath, "so are you two together" jack questioned, "yes" y/n said, and without thinking she pulled him into a kiss. A sweet long kiss, maybe it was the fact that Mattia moved on, or maybe it was the fact she wanted to feel something. But she didn't, she felt nothing.

-

"Kairi go get us some drinks !" Mattia yelled, "why do I always have to get them", Kairi complained, "stfu and go do it Kairi" Alejandro added to the conversation.

They all talked while they waited for their drinks. They were in the corner of the room, looking for people to trade stuff with. "Kairi's coming" jake explained, they all looked at him only to see him looking at something.

They all turned their heads to see a girl kissing a boy, Mattia smirked at the thought of having a one night stand with her. You could see her petite body and wavy curls flowing around.

-

Y/n let go and smiled, she didn't want to ruin the moment. She felt eyes burning through her skull, she looked at the direction and her smile slowly faded away as she made eye contact with the boys.

She immediately turned away and said "Mariano we got to go", she looked back and could already see the Mattia getting up. She grabbed Mariano's hands and ran out the door not looking back.

The thought of her facing Mattia, made shivers go down her spine. Once they finally made it to the parking lot she stopped. She threw the microphone off herself and smashed it with her heels. Mariano did the same even though he didn't know what was going on.

"Mariano, they were there, m-" she got cut off by a familiar voice, "y/n?". 

.