Chapter 26

Lily's POV

It was almost midnight when Cole took me back home and I was exhausted. I had so much fun with him today. I totally forgot about my period cramps.

I got inside the house and what I saw shocked the life out of me. My two best friends were on my living room couch. They didn't notice me yet so i tiptoed closer to them and wrapped my arms around them. They jumped in shock and turned around. Immediately they saw it was me they smiled.

I ran towards them and pulled them into a bone crushing hug.

"Lils Lils, chill, I can't breathe. " Tasha said and I quickly pulled away.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just missed you guys so much. " I turned to face Josh. I hit him playfully on his arm.

"Dude, why didn't you tell me you guys were coming. I was worried sick when I couldn't reach you guys. "

"We wanted to surprise you. " Josh said and I pulled him into a hug again. I missed him a lot and he seemed different now. His accent was even better in person. If I didn't know him, I'll probably fall for him.

"You missed him that much. What of me"?  Tasha asked folding her arms and pouting like a child. I missed her so much as well. She was always a drama queen.

"Oh come here. " I said opening my arms for her and she stepped into my embrace and hugged me back.

"I missed you so much Lils. "

"I know, I know. I'm very missable. "

"Why did you stay out late Lils. Your grandma and Mase were worried about you. " Josh said and his accent made him hotter. I'm not supposed to be thinking about stuff like this, he's my frigging best friend.

"I went out with Cole. " immediately I said that Tasha started squealing like a 6 year old who just got her favorite toy for Christmas.

"Who's Cole."?  Josh asked and Tasha answered for me.

"The guy who Lily is head over heels for but wouldn't admit it. " and my cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

"I don't like him. What we have is just complicated. " I said and start walking into the kitchen and they follow me.

"Whatever you say Lils, as long as I get to see him tomorrow. " Tasha said sitting beside Josh who looked really confused.

"I'll tell you everything soon Josh. " I said and he nodded.

I opened the fridge and got us a bowl of cookies grandma left in the fridge. As we were eating it, I filled Josh in on everything that has happened so far.

"I hope you know what you're doing Lils. " he said and I sat there thinking. I didn't really know what I was doing or what was happening, I was just going with the flow. I sighed inwardly.

"Did grandma show you guys your rooms yet?. " I asked changing the topic.

"Yup. " Tasha answered.

"So I'm going to leave you guys now, I'm really exhausted and I need my bed right now. Goodnight guys. " I said standing up and kissing their cheeks.

"Night Lils. " They said in unison and it sounded so weird and I was trying to hold back my laugh. As much as I'd love to listen to their bickering, I was really tired.

I went up to my room and put my bag on the chair. I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I remembered everything that happened today and I was smiling to myself. Cole made me really happy and I wonder what will happen if I leave.