Chapter 12

-(Y/N)'s POV-

Rengoku and I start walking west, we come across a morphed demon feeding on a human corpse. My eyes widen, "I know you feel bad, but you have to stay calm." Rengoku says. I nod, he jumps out and attacks. He cuts of the demons arms, then I take action. "Total Concentration.. Eighth Form: Moon- Dragon Ringtail." I swing my sword in a direct frontal attack that creates single gigantic slash. The monster regrows it's arms and the arms take the damage, damn. It swings it's arms at me, I attempt to dodge but it catches up to me.

   "(Y/N)!!" Rengoku screams, he slashes the demons arms off. I land on the ground, but the demon keeps healing itself. I decide this is the only time I can use the sixteenth form. I lose a lot of energy after I use it. "It's no use.. " I say, "Please hang in there.." he says. I get up from the ground, "I can use this attack once, then all my energy is drained." I say. He nods, "Save it for later.." he runs toward the demon and starts attacking like there's no tomorrow. My eyes tear up as I see he gets knocked down, finally he grows tired and lands next to me. "Stay here.." I stand up with the last of my strength, "Total Concentration.. Sixteenth: Moonbow- Half Moon." I jump up and I swing my sword is a powerful downward slash, I attack until finally I decapitate the demon.

   Just before it's gone, the demon skewers a knife in my wrist. I yell in pain. I fall to the ground, I did something stupid, I took the knife out of my wrist bearing the pain. "(Y/N)!!" Rengoku runs over to me, "Are you okay?" He looks over at my wrist. "It's bleeding fast.. if I loose to much blood I could die.." I say, he rips off a piece of his haori and wraps it around my wound. He puts me on his back and carries me back to the Demon Slayer Corps.

-RENGOKU POV-

   I carry (Y/N) back to the Demon Slayer Corps, the piece of cloth falls off. Soaked in blood, I hold her wound with my hand and I run faster. I make it back, and everyone surrounds me. "(Y/N)!!" Mitsuri says, "What happened?!" She asks. "A long story-" I fall on the ground, out of energy. All the hashira help (Y/N) and I, however. It might be to late, maybe I wasn't fast enough.. maybe she's already gone. I start to tear up at the thought of a fellow hashira die, because I wasn't strong enough. Or I wasn't fast enough.
I'm sorry, (Y/N)..