Chapter 2

"Who is this?" The boy asks, "Tomioka, this is
(Y/N)." Urorodaki introduced. So his name is Tomioka. "Hi." I say, he smiles at me and walks to the kitchen. "Tomorrow morning, we can train," Urorodaki says I nod. "Cmon, I'll show you our extra room, you can stay there." He said, I nod and follow him.

After the little tour, I washed up and headed to my room, as I got my futon ready, Tomioka steps in. "Goodnight (Y/N)." He says leaning against the doorway, "Wait, can I hear more about you?" I say nervously, his eyes soften and he nods. I get excited and I tell him to sit next to me, he proceeds to.

"Well, to start off, my family had also passed, and when Urorodaki took me in, 2 other children came along. Sabito and Makomo, we were close buddies.
We trained together, and entered the Final Selection, together, but, only I walked out alive." He said with a sad look.

(A/N): btw rn, Tomioka already took the final selection and waited for his things and his first mission.

  "A morphed demon... all of us tried to end it, but it instead ended up killing both Makomo and Sabito.." he says tearing up. "If only I was stronger, they could've lived.." I pulled him close and hugged him. "I'm sure they're proud of how far you've come, and I bet they were great people.." he buries his head in my shoulders and hugs me back.

(A/N): ew, I'm looking back at what I wrote and I regret it😭🙏. I'm so sorry if u get cringed.

    He let out small sniffs, "S-sorry, I'll get going now.." he stands up. Before he leaves the room I call to him, he turns around. "Nothing.." I reply, he nodded. "Goodnight Tomioka." I'd say, "Goodnight (Y/N)." Then he headed back to him room and we fell fast asleep. I felt so bad, he also had a tragic ending to his family.

-HOURS LATER-

   I woke up in the middle of the night for water, when I went to get some, I heard a rustling sound. I walk to the window to see a demon. I quietly gasp, he walks closer to where I am. I quietly walk to Urorodaki, "Urorodaki, a demon is outside." He quickly wakes up and grabs his Nichirin sword, "It's near Tomioka's room, wake him up quietly." Urorodaki says. I nod and tiptoe to his room, "Tomioka, wake up." He slowly wakes up, "What's-" I cover his mouth with my hands. I signal him to follow me, he does so. We gathered with Urorodaki in the living room, he walks out to slay the demon.

The demon takes notice and starts smiling, it's tongue hung out of its mouth as it drooled. "I'd die for a midnight snack." It said chuckling, "Watch your words, maybe I took this the wrong way." Urorodaki replied. He unsheathed his sword and said the words.

"Water Breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash.."

A loud slash went by and the demons head was severed, Tomioka's and I mouths were on the floor! We were shook, Fast! So cool!!