Chapter 25) The beginning of the Duke's fall

//Trigger warnings!! Really none besides my crappy writing. Also, sorry if this is so short and has a ton of mistakes. It's 3 in the morning and I'm on an emotional rollercoaster right now so...yeah--//

      *No one's pov*

    "Patton!!" Logan turns around at the sound of Patton's scream to see him trying to get Remus' hand off his mouth. Panic was clear in the bubbly sides eyes as he tried to get away.
     "Mmphf-!!!" Patton now had teats streaming down his face as Logan snapped out of his shocked state.
     "Remus!! Let him go!!" The dark blue side yells out as he rushes forward to grab Patton. Remus grins as he waves at Logan before disappearing. "No!!"

      ~time skip because I want to update but I'm sad so this is a short crap chapter~

     Logan wasn't taking the loss of Patton well. He just sat on the floor as he sobbed his eyes out. It didn't seem like he was going to move anytime soon as he pulls his knees up to his chest, hiccuping as he tries to take a breath in.
       The once monotone side now was dealing with so many emotions at once that it gave him a terrible headache. It was at that moment that he swore to get all the sides back, even if it meant having to go through Remus himself. Pushing himself up off the floor, he stumbles to his room and starts to make a plan.

   *switching over to Remus and Patton*

      Remus had dropped Patton at Insanity's feet. This brought a scowl to Insanity's face as he kicks Patton in the side, causing a small cry of pain to come from the shorter male.
     "Remus." The green side snaps his head up and looks at Insanity.
     "Yes, sir?" He questions as his eyes glow slightly orange.
     "Take this piece of trash and put him with the others." With that said, Insanity stalked away, his boots clicking against the wooden floor. Remus picks Patton back up and drags him to the room.
     "W-wait!! Remus!! St-stop-!!!" Morality pulls against Remus' grip as he yells and shouts for him to stop. Remus just frowns as he leads him to the room, slamming open the door and harshly tossing him to the ground. His eyes meet with Roman's and flicker between orange and the normal greenish brown they were. He shakes his head and blinks as he glances around before growling, his eyes fully orange again.
     "Make sure he stays quiet or else." The door was slammed behind him and his footsteps faded away.

    Once Remus left, Roman was immediately by Patton's side. "Are you okay?! Did you get hurt?" The dad shakes his head and pats Roman's shoulder.
     "I just got kicked is all. It did hurt a lot." Roman scowls as he looks back at Virgil who was sitting on the bed. His foot had gotten chained to the wall and he couldn't move any farther than the bed.
      "Patton.... Why are you here?" Virgil spoke softly as Patton gets up and runs over to him.
     "Virgil!! Oh my goodness!! You're alright!!" He pulls his dark strange son into a tight embrace as he smiles despite everything. "I was with Logan when Remus showed up and took me..." By this time, Roman had sat with them on the bed as they listen to Patton tell them everything that had happened since Roman went missing.

     ~one more time skip~

   The emo nods slightly as he moves his foot onto the bed, the chain clinking together. "So basically, you guys actually tried to save me?" Roman and Patton nod in union.
    "Of course we did, kiddo!! Our famILY wouldn't be complete without you." The fatherly figure pats Virgil's thigh in a reassuring way. "But....what happens now?"
     "Well, Patt. We either wait or try to escape." Roman speaks up as he looks between the two of them.
     "I say we try to escape. I don't want to be in this shithole any longer."
     "Virgil, language."
     "Sorry, dad." Roman laughs at their interaction before he speaks up.
    "Okay, so here's what we're going to do-"