Ch. 18) Promises

//Quick A/N, should I try and update more often? Like, would you guys enjoy it if I did?//

   ~Roman's pov~

         I was still in Imagination with no idea how long I had been laying on the ground. For all I know it could've been hours....days even... Virgil was still missing and I was sitting here acting like a cowardly prince!! I should be out there trying to find Virgil, save him, but no, I have to be a coward. "Come on Roman!! You can do this!! Go save him!!" My thoughts were telling me to save him so, despite how I felt, which was bad by the way, I stood up. I wobbled around a bit and steadied myself before walking out of Imagination.

         //Tiny time skip just cause I'm lazy and it's late right now.//

           After I was almost back to the house, or the commons as some people call it, I see Logan. He seemed like ge was looking for something or someone. Maybe he was looking for Virgil too? I stop as he rushes over to me.
       "Oh my god Roman!! What happened to you!! You look like you got hit by a train!" Logan combs me over, making sure I'm not hurt in any way. "What would Patton say if he saw you like this? He would be so worried." This was so out of character for him.
       "What happened?" I wonder to myself as Logan rambles on about me having to take better care of myself. I'm sure I look like a complete mess. "Logan-...." I cut him off as he's talking. "I'm fine. What happened to you though? It seems like you and Patton switched personalities or something. Also, aren't you still mad at me for what I said?" Logan goes quiet for a second before slowly nodding. His face had flushed slightly when I had asked if he and Patton had swapped personalities.
       "I am still slightly upset with you for what you said but, I had gotten worried because you weren't around and I don't want Patton to have to worry anymore than he already is. Also, I may have thought that you got taken too....." Logan trailed off at the end of his sentence as I stood in shocked silence.

        #Logan's pov#

        Roman was staring at me in pure shock. "Did I say something wrong?" I let my mind drift as he stays silent for a few more seconds. If I'm allowed to say, Roman does not look good at all. His hair is askew and his outfit is stained. He has bags under his eyes and tear stains on his cheeks. Also, his hand his slightly red, almost as if he punched something recently, but not too recently, maybe a few hours ago at most. I was broken out of my thoughs at Roman snapping in front of my face.
         "Hey, don't just zone out on me. Like I was saying though, it's nice of you to worry for me and worry about Patton but, I'm perfectly fine. Also, I said I was....was..so-...sorry...." Roman shudders a bit at having to say sorry. I silently laugh to myself at how he acted when he apologised.
        "Let's just get you back to the house before Patton wakes up." Walking off not waiting up for Roman, I let my mind drift again.

          //Another time skip. Filler though, Roman slightly annoys Logan on the way back because he's rambling about Disney movies he wants to watch again.//

        When we finally get back to the house I sigh in relief. Roman goes quiet and takes a step away from me. I look over at him confused until I get tackled to the ground in a very tight hug.
        "Logan!!" A teary eyed Patton looks at me as I try to catch my breath from being knocked onto the ground. Patton has tear stains down his cheeks as he hugs me again.
         "Patton, why are you crying?" I hug him back and he buries his face in my chest and hiccups.
          "I-I woke up an-and everyone w-was gone!! I got sca-scared....I didn't w-want to be by myself!!" Patton hugs me tighter as he sobs. I rub his back to try and calm him down.
           "I would never leave you Patton.....I promise, okay? You don't have to cry, Baby. It's okay, I'm here now....."

      ^Patton's pov^

         I had been running through the house looking around for anyone at all. After a few minutes I sat on the floor and started to cry to myself, feeling upset that everyone was gone and I was alone. One thing I hate is being left alone, it's scary. The silence and lack of touch, the total emptiness of it all. I was lost in thought until I heard the door open. Quickly, I stand up and look to see Logan and Roman walk in. Roman sees me and takes a step away from Logan as I tackle him to the ground.

       //One more tiny time skip. Don't judge me, I'm lazy.//

       "I would never leave you Patton.....I promise, okay? You don't have to cry, Baby. It's okay, I'm here now....." Logan whispers softly to me. I feel my face slightly heat up at the nickname he gave me as he keeps rubbing circles on my back as I stopped crying.
       "H-hey Logan?" Logan humms in response as he keeps holding onto me. I drop my voice to a whisper. "I love you...." Logan's face turns a soft shade of red as he smiles.
        "I love you too, Baby..." Roman clears his throat and I look over at him as I wipe my eyes.
        "Hey kiddo. I was worried about you!! Let me see if you got hurt or not!!" I let go of Logan and check Roman over only seeing a few scratches and cuts. Satisfied with how little he was hurt I pulled him into a tight hug. "Don't run off on me again!!"
         "I won't padre. I'm sorry I worried you...." Roman hugs me back. "I did want to know if I could go and get cleaned up though?" I let go of him and nod.
           "Yeah, you need it. Go on." Roman thanks me and goes up to his room. After Roman shut his door Logan pulled me into a hug from behind.
            "Are you going to be okay, Love?" I lean into his touch and nod.
             "Yeah, I'll be better if we get Virgil back though.....I miss him...." Logan softly kisses my cheek.
             "We'll find him. I promise."