|my chance|

Zayn fled back upstairs, wondering why Harry had woken up.

When he opened the door, Harry was sitting with his torso exposed scrolling on his phone.

Zayn: "hey bub"

Harry's eyes flickered up and he turned his phone off  watching Zayn as he came back to bed.

Harry: "where were you?"

Zayn: "Liam called and said he wanted to talk"

Harry: "of course he fucking did"

Zayn: "i was just confused on why it was so damn important that he had to call me at 3 am"

Harry: "what'd he want?"

Zayn: "he basically told me that Luke said you kissed her back passionately, almost like you wanted the kiss."

Harry: "what?!"

Zayn: "it's fine babe, I told him to lay off you and mind his own business"

Harry: "I get that he has these feelings for you, but he's overstepping his boundaries Z"

Zayn: "I know, just keep your distance as much as you can, and I'll handle it okay?"

Harry nodded and leaned in before placing their lips together.

Harry: "I love you"

Zayn: "love you more"

Harry yawned and slid back down onto his pillow, curling up to Zayn and falling back asleep.

They slept until 10 the next morning when a knock woke them both up.

Harry scrambled out of bed and threw on a pair of sweats, leaving his torso bare as he answered the door.

Niall: "morning lads, ready for a fun day?"

Harry rubbed his eyes

Harry: "just woke up, sorry"

All three of them pushed past Harry into the room, catching Zayn off guard as he pulled the sheet up to cover more of his bare skin.

Louis: "c'mon Z, get up and get moving"

Zayn: "I uh...I can't"

Louis: "what why?!"

Zayn: "I'm not wearing any...pants"

Louis: "oh I see, we'll turn around...go get dressed"

Zayn normally didn't mind being in just his boxers when the boys were around, but since this situation with Liam resurfaced, he decided it was best to leave that to only Harry's eyes.

Harry smiled gratefully as he turned around to make sure Liam wasn't looking as Zayn ran off to the loo to shower.

Niall: "how'd you sleep Harry?"

Harry: "I woke up in the middle of the night cause Zayn was gone but, he came back up shortly. Other than that I was fine"

Louis: "where'd he go?"

Harry: "oh, I figured you both knew since your roommate called my boyfriend to have a private chat so he could try to throw me under the bus with some random ass information that's not true...but I guess you don't do you?"

Niall and Louis glanced over at Liam who rolled his eyes.

Liam: "I'm just trying to tell him what's best for him Harry, that's just it"

Harry: "no, what your doing is wrong Liam. You're overstepping your boundaries"

Liam: "what boundaries Harry? After what you did last night, I don't think there should be any boundaries. If I remember correctly, it was you who kissed someone else...not Zayn"

Harry: "and it's definitely not your place to interfere with how we handled that, or anything else that has to do with our relationship."

Liam: "I'm looking out for Zayn, you just keep hurting him...it's a shame he doesn't know what's good for him."

Louis: "would you both stop?! That's enough! I dunno what's gotten into you Liam but, their relationship is their relationship, it has absolutely nothing to do with you. And Harry, not everything has to result in a petty fight. Leave each other alone!"

Liam scoffed and sat back on the couch.

A few seconds later Zayn came out fully clothed which made Harry frown. He could really use his naked body right now.

Zayn: "everything okay out here?"

Harry just looked down, he didn't know what to say. He felt like he could cry.

Why did Liam hate their relationship so much? Enough to completely tear down someone who was supposed to be one of his best mates.

Zayn: "I asked if everything was okay?"

Niall: "yeah zayn, it's all good"

Harry got up and brushed past Zayn without saying anything, taking his turn in the shower. He wanted everything to do with escaping Liam, and his obliterating comments.

When Harry was in the shower, Zayn sat down on the sofa awaiting answers.

Zayn: "what happened out here?"

Louis: "Liam and Harry got in an argument because they don't know when to lay off each other...that's all"

Zayn: "that's why he looked like he was gonna cry?"

Niall: "probably because he started a petty argument and Liam said things he should've known to keep to himself...he was harsh and Harry didn't deserve that."

Niall glanced knowingly at Liam who just rolled his eyes again.

Liam: "it's just annoying"

Zayn: "what's annoying Liam?"

Liam: "you're kidding right?"

Zayn: "no I'm one hundred percent serious"

Liam stood up, his anger finally boiling out of him

Liam: "I've liked you for 2 fucking years Zayn, and I finally had a chance to prove that to you at the beginning of this tour. Then I found out that you were cheating on me with Harry and I was heartbroken. I may not have shown it, but I was. I pretended to support it because I love you both, and I want you both to be happy, but it got bad. I drink almost every night. A lot. An unhealthy amount. Sometimes Louis has to stop me but, I tell him to keep it to himself because I'd be embarrassed otherwise. I've held it in for so long because I didn't wanna bother you, or overstep my bounds but after Harry kissed her last night, I saw it as a perfect opportunity to prove to you that you deserve better. All I've ever wanted was a chance Zayn, and you've never given it to me because Harry has you wrapped around his finger!"

Liam took a deep breath and fell back down onto the couch, his breath hitching in the back of his throat.

The boys let him take a breather before they tried to talk to him, too afraid he'd blow up again.