Seven

Nevaeh

I woke up with a smile on my face. It was Monday and Alexis told me that Damien is suppose to be asking me to homecoming this week. His hoco proposals are the best. Last homecoming, he asked me with a poster that said 'It'll be a shame if you say no to this proposal. I know Karma will hit, but Baby.. I'm there if you are. Dress Just Like Me and go to homecoming' He made it a play on Summer Walker's songs on her Last Day of Summer album. He gave me two Summer Walker wall tapestries.

That means my hair and outfits have to be on point all week for pictures. I know he's going to go crazy for our senior year homecoming. I can't even imagine his promposal.

I went to my closet and picked out a dress and cardigan out. I went to the bathroom and slicked my hair in a high puffy bun.

"Nevaeh, I'm downstairs" I heard Heaven yell

"Nevaeh, I'm downstairs" I heard Heaven yell. It sucks not being able to drive the car by myself, but I love being home more. My parents are engaged and happier than ever. My dad has officially moved back in the house and it's actually okay. Everything has been better since I came home.

I slipped on my brown sandals and grabbed my phone and bookbag. I walked downstairs to the kitchen where my mom was making avocado toast for us. It's the simplest food ever and it's so good.

"Alright girls. I'm making Chinese tonight soooo if you don't want that, you might wanna stop and get you something. Also, Nevaeh.. ask Lex can she bring you home. Alexis! Not anyone else" she said while fixing my brothers' lunch.

"Okay. Did you book my makeup appointment?" I asked. Homecoming is in three weeks and I've already been trying to stay ahead of the game.

"Yes and hair appointment. I booked yours too Heaven"

"Wait.. who said I was going to homecoming?"

"I did. It's senior year baby. You gotta go"

"If I go, i'm wearing a simple dress and I really don't need a makeup or hair appointment"

"Don't do that. Who is Zion?" my mom asked causing me to look up at her.

"A friend"

"Since when?!" I exclaimed.

"A couple weeks" she mumbled. "It's Raymond's girlfriend's cousin"

"Sis. This is good. I love it!"

"Okay. Let's go" she said grabbing her bag and leaving the kitchen.

"See you later ma! I love you. Bye Kareem and Kyndall and Daddy" I yelled running out the door just in case Heaven tries to leave me.

My sister is finally talking to someone other than Raymond. It only took six years for this to happen. This means she is comin out of the shell.

"Tell me about this here boy please ma'am" I said looking at Heaven while she drove.

"He's nobody. I promise. This boy was at the car when I was about to leave school. He said he had a crush on me all high school, but he thought I was dating Raymond until he found out that his cousin Kaitlyn was dating him. He was shy, but he decided to shoot his shot. We texted on Instagram then I gave him my number and we been facetiming for a week honestly"